Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I strolled into the class with my Dr Dre beats at full volume. Nodding my head from side to side, not a care in the world. I had a loose messy bun of mousy coloured hair dangling from my head, my dark blue skinny jeans showed my long petite legs and my oversized Henley shirt lifted up a little every time i moved. Just enough to see my toned stomach and my newly pierced belly button, with a peace sign piercing. The inside was a light purple colour surrounded by a black, bold outline. My mum had gone absolutely crazy but YOLO! Right?!

“WHEN YOU ARE READY!” A furious voice rang out in my ear. A frown formed on my flawless face as I looked up in surprise. No-one, and I mean no-one has ever dared to raise their voice at me, in school. Everyone admires me from far, but would never have the courage to speak to me close up, let alone shout!

I looked up to see a tanned face looking down at me, his eyes a pale blue- which most girls would dig and his blonde hair ruffled with the ‘messy-yet-sexy’ look. I glared at him and his smirk faltered a little causing the boys in the class to chuckle and the girls to give exaggerated groans, opening a few more of their top buttons. Seriously? He wasn’t ugly but I wasn’t that shallow.

I shoulder barged past him with a great force causing him to stumble. I smirked back at him and put my beats around my neck, taking my iPod out to turn the music down and then turned back to face him

“That’s what I thought”

I strolled to the seat at the back, smiling back at a few people in the closer rows. I got to my seat and slowly dragged it out then slumped down on it.

“Right, well now that your fellow classmate has finally joined us I think we should begin.”

 I laughed at his childish comment and waved my hand in a dismissing manner “You may begin now”

He muttered a few words under his breath and began.

“Good morning class, my name is Mr Taylor and I shall be teaching you for this summer term and possibly next term. You will all be completing your Maths GCSE after the summer so I expect the best from you guys ok?”

I put my feet up on the chair next to me and snickered gaining a few members of the class’s attention.

“Any questions, class?”

 “Are you single?” Amy called, causing most of the girls to sit upright and the boys to glare jealously at him

His face lit up and he replied with a cocky grin “And what makes you think I will answer that question?”

I decided to intervene “Yeah Amy! Why would you want to know that? Course he is single I mean imagine someone liking him-” I burst out into a fit of giggles and he scowled at me his hands crossed in front of him. He had a light blue firetrap shirt on, which tightly hugged his well-defined abs and muscle and had some black chinos on giving him the smart look.

“Hmmmm! Checking me out are we?”

I pretended to laugh hysterically hurting his ego even further, “I think we might want to continue with the lesson now” I managed to splutter out, wiping the tears from my eyes. He stomped over to the board and began the lesson.After hearing the word quadratic too many times I put my head down on the desk and began to drift off. I am clever in almost every other subject but me and maths are just mortal enemies.

……………………………………………………………………………..

SLAM!

I got up a little startled rubbing my eyes

“What did I just say?”

“What did who just say when?” I replied gaining me some thinking time

He smiled devilishly “If you can’t answer my question, detention all this week”

“Is that how desperate you are to spend time with me? You could just ask” I tapped my chin pretending to think,

"But I know a question that you can’t answer.”

“Bring it on, and if I can’t answer it, I’ll take away the detention” He replied

The class all looked up from their work giving me and sir amused glances.

I got up, packing away my maths book; I then walked over to the door and replied

“What’s the square root of love?”

He opened and closed his mouth a few times, looking flustered

“Hm, where’s Mr Smart ass now?” I smirked at his awestruck face. 1 for me 0 for him. I then opened the door and left the room heading for the canteen.