Chapter 1

Emily is 22 years old.She is in the last semester of English literature.She has an inclination towards literature from her very childhood which she probably inherited from her mother whom she doesn't remember much as she died in an accident when poor Emily was only 2 years old which led her father to bring his mistress and their six years old daughter home.He never loved Emily who was a remainder of his deceased wife whom he always despised and married only for his parents' sake.Her stepmother was an equally hateful snobbish lady who  loathed her very existence and left no chance in degrading and humiliating her.

The poor neglected child found her solace in literacy books from her early years of childhood.She tried to stay non existent as much as possible.The only lovable figure in her life was aunt Jenna,her mother's younger sister who loved her dearly but can't do much for her because she was not powerful and rich like her father.She told her how much her mom loved her and how happy she was when she held her for the first time and she was the only source of happiness in her life.Aunt Jenna used to bring her toys,take her out sometimes to parks,bought her icecreams,she always told her to become a strong girl.Her presence was the only source of affection in her life that too was taken from her when she died of breast cancer when Emily was only twelve years old.It was at this time when her father started abusing her.At first,it was verbal abuse but later on it turned into physical abuse.Her sister and step mother enjoyed it.She was innocent,naive and surrendering.Her father instilled a fear inside her.She could never take a stand for herself,never had any friends.She was always made fun of in the school,in the college while her sister was the cool pretty famous college girl with hot figure and great clothes,boys always drolling over her.She was plain and not as pretty as Vionna,her step sister.She could never compete her in looks or fame,she was a plain blonde with slight freakles on her white skin.She didn't know how to do makeup.She just applied a little lip gloss and mascara,pathetic huh she always thought to herself but one thing  she had over Vionna,brains.She felt lucky that she was allowed to take admission in university that was because her father and step mother,Mona didn't like her presence in the house.She was treated worse than a maid.Her father was a rich man in New York,heck he was leader of one of the influential mafia ,though she never needed any protection going out.Vionna was the only known daughter of Shenny,most didn't even know if there was another daughter.
Emily had been planning to move out with her cousin Maddie,aunt Jenna's daughter,her age fellow.She came to New York on a study visa and will be going back soon to Australia where she lives with her father.She had been convincing Emily to move to Australia with her and she will help her settle there.Emily has been pondering on Maddie's advice lately.She had gotten her passport ready secretly.Doctor Kernal Kendey,her family doctor,same age as her father has diagnosed her with Depression because of the mental and physical abuse she had been receiving at the hands of her father.She had been taking medicine regularly since then,that makes four years now with little improvement.

Emily now closes her diary after jotting down today's events,puts it on the sitetable,turns the side lamp off,dosing off to sleep not before praying silently to God to take her out of this hell hole.
Not matter the circumstances,hope is what she still feels in her heart which keeps her going.