10

Hello!

Sorry guys! So much happening in my personal life. I have not been able to sit and write with work and me personal commitments. Anyways, here is the update! Hope you all like it!

S: Appa?

Sivaangi felt a hand on her shoulder and her voice cracked as she looked up at her dad. Fresh tears rolled down her cheeks as she jumped up to her feet and hugged her dad.

S: Appa, naan romba periya thappu paniten. Ashwin enna vitutu poitan.
(Dad, I blew it up completely. Big time! Ashwin has left me.)

Krishnan: Ithellam pesara idam ithu illa ma. Azhaadha Sivu, paathukalaam. Vaa da, namma veetuku poi pesuvom.
(This is not the right place to discuss this. Don't cry Sivaangi. Come, let's go home and talk about it)

Tarun had informed Krishnan about Sivaangi ending the engagement and he rushed to her office. Vinay told him about Sivaangi's interest in Ashwin before he left home and he sort of guessed it already. She looked so lost that morning after arriving from the airport.

Ashwin stood near the glass window with hands in his pocket as he watched the father daughter duo walk out of the office to their car. Her father held his broken daughter as she wept uncontrollably. Ashwin clenched his jaws as he controlled the yearning to run to hold his baby girl in his arms.

She will remain the only love in his life. He could forgive her easily but will he trust her again? Will he be able to forget it? The answer was a big no. He needed time to build that trust from scratch.

Despite his efforts to break the engagement, he now realised that this was more complicated than he had imagined it to be. He had a million unanswered questions in his mind.

How could she have agreed to marry someone if she had been in love with me the whole time? What sort of person would do that? How is that being fair to me or even Tarun for that matter?

He had assumed that she liked him but that she was unaware of the deposed meaning, so he had vowed to make her realise her love and stop her wedding. But this was a big blow. He hadn't imagined in his wildest dreams that she would have listened to that vicious man who lied through his teeth about his sexuality.

Did she assume that I had someone else on my mind when I kissed her with so much longing? This is so fucked up! Sivaangi! What have you done to me! To us!

Sivaangi cried her heart out while she explained to her dad about everything that has happened between them, carefully avoiding personal moments.

K: Sivu, ippo yenna pannanum unnaku?
(What do you want to do now?)

S: Appa, ennaku ithuku apparam life la kalyanam pannanumnu iruntha, athu Ashwin ah than pannikuven. Sorry pa, naan unga ellathayum romba kashta padutheetan. Romba selfish ah behave panniten aana atha pathi ippo pesi onnum aaga porathu illa.
(Dad, if I have to get married to someone in this lifetime, it is Ashwin. I am really sorry that I have put you all through this. I have been really selfish but there is no use discussing all that now)

K: End of the day, it is your life Sivu, we don't have a say in it. We can help you, we can give our opinion on things but only you know what you want. But don't you think that you have made a lot of bad decisions in life? Yes, you have been self  absorbed to think about the consequences of agreeing to marry Tarun when you have someone else on your mind? Now, what about Tarun? He is a good guy. How are we to face his parents?

S: Appa, naan Tarun oda amma appa kita pesaren. Avungalukku puriya vaika try panaren. Tarun kitayum thirumba sorry ketkaren. Avannuku already purinjiruchu. Enga kalyanam nadantha, naanga rendu perume kashta paduvom. We won't be able to stay together for long.
(I will speak to Tarun's parents. I will make them understand the situation. I will apologise to Tarun again. He understands that if we end up together, neither of us will be happy. We won't be able to stay married for long)