Chapter 3: The Innocent and the Deadly

2 years later...

"Jac what are we doing?" Cadence asked her friend as she stood off near the doorway of the hottest dance clubs.

"We are waiting." Jaclin answered, her green eyes scanning each person as they exited and entered into the bar.

"Waiting for what?" Cadence pried, gasping in shock when her friend stepped up beside a blonde coming out of the bar and bumped into her.

"Watch it bitch!" The blonde growled, flipping her the middle finger as Jaclin uttered a half hearted apology and turned away, a wide grin appearing on her face while she walked back to Cade.

"Jac...what did you just do?" Cadence asked, shooting her comrad a murderous glare when she flicked out a drivers license between her fingers.

"You can thank me later." Jaclin continued, grinning still as she flipped her long black curls over her shoulder and handed the card to Cadence.

Cadence took it reluctantly, her blue eyes narrowed in admonishment of her friend's illegal acts. Yeah it was true they were both thieves and that they had pickpocketed hundreds of times over the years. But that was for survival, not...not for kicks because they could get away with it without anyone noticing.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" Cadence huffed, sneering as she stared at the card of the blonde with piercing blue eyes that could entrap even the most sophisticated men.

"Use it to buy booze, what else would you use it for?" Jaclin scowled, turning and spotting another girl who just came out of the club.

"Jac what are you doing now?" Cadence questioned, letting out a frustrated sigh when her friend stalked over to the woman and bumped into her like she did with the other girl.

"Oh I am so sorry I didn't see you there. I am just so tipsy you know?" Jaclin apologized as the woman grabbed onto her to steady herself. The woman letting out a chuckle and nodding in understanding.

"Oh no problem girl. I'm tipsier than a tippy cup right now that I probably wouldn't have seen you coming even if you were a mile away" the woman replied, patting Jaclin on the chest in an "it's okay" way before she lifted her bottle of vodka to her lips and took a long gulp of it.

"Yeah that hits the spot" she chuckled again when she put it down, sending Jaclin a smile before turning around and staggering off to the taxi waiting for her at the curb.

Having nothing left to say, Jaclin pivoted on her feet and stalked back over to where Cadence stood silently fuming.

"What? She wasn't going to use this" Jaclin said in a sing song voice, grinning again as she flashed the card at Cadence in pride.

"That's not the point. You took what wasn't yours and we can be put in jail for identity theft" Cadence huffed, crossing her arms in annoyance of the immaturity of her friend.

"No we won't. I picked targets that look somewhat like us give or take a few years" Jaclin said, waving off Cadence's worries.

"Somewhat? You are relying on pictures that look 'somewhat' like us?" Cadence asked sardonicly, showing the card to Jaclin.

"It will be fine Cade, just don't let the bartender stare at the card for more than 5 seconds and we should be good." Jaclin countered, grabbing her friend's hand and dragging her towards the bar.

***********************************************

"Cade, can you at least try to act like you are having a good time? Please? People are staring" Jaclin scolded as she slid into the booth they picked out.