Prologue

The pair stood in front of the hat, surrounded by newly arriving first years their age.
Hand-in-hand as the number of students surrounding them trickled down to fewer. They watched as name after name was called, and student after student walked away and up to the stool with the old ratted hat. 

"Tom Marvolo Riddle!" A boy held his head up high as he struted up, sitting on the stool confidently as the hat lowered to his head, it took seconds before the hat bellowed out "SLYTHERIN!"

To the announcement a table clapped enthusiastically at the newest arrival to the house, while everyone else gave a half-done clap for the young boy. The boy rose to his feet and gracefully stalked his way to the table dawning the colour green and silver. Students moved on quickly from the boy and continued to watch the sorting, boredom lacing their expressions as they waited patiently for the famous welcoming feast. 

The numbers dwindled down further until it was the set of twins and a small handful of first years waiting patiently for learning their house. "Nyx Walker!" 

The older one of the twins stiffened up as her sister gently nudged her forward, sending a comforting and loving smile in her direction. Watching as her sister melted into her usual confident self and marched up to the stool and gracefully sitting down. 

"Well what do we have here? A Walker? I remember sorting your parents as if it were just yesterday. Now lets see here. Your definitely cunning. Your also very loyal to your sister. You have all the traits here for a Slytherin." The hat hummed in contemplation before finally bellowing out his final answer. "SLYTHERIN!"

Nyx grinned as she relaxed, standing up and pacing over to the chorus of claps from the snake table. A confident smile on her face. "Harper Walker!" She heard her twin's name being called up just as she sat down. 

She looked over to see her younger, by four minutes, twin making her way up to the stool and sitting down, doing her best to not show her being nervous. The pair locked eyes and Nyx smiled warmly at her.

"Well well well. The other Walker! Yes, You love your sister dearly don't you? You have the determination to achieve whatever it is you desire, even if you fail multiple times. You have an immense amount of courage. You and your sister are so alike yet so different. I have no other choice but to place you in." The hat paused for a moment, almost as if contemplating his decision. "GRYFFINDOR"

Harper smiled proudly before jumping off the stool and making her way to the table clad in red and gold. Instantly being welcomed by the house with open arms.

The last few was sorted. Three going to Ravenclaw and merlin knows where the other went. They weren't paying attention.

Headmaster Dippet rose to his feet as he began his speech. A welcoming smile plastered on his lips as his hands animatedly waved about while he spoke. "Welcome! And to our older students, welcome back. I would like to introduce the new professor for Muggle Studies! Professor Stone!"

A shorter lady rose to her feet, bowing confidently to the clapping students. A grin on her face showing her perfect pearly white teeth. Her hair in a perfect tight ponytail. Perfectly polished wizarding robes falling off her shoulders, a short cape clipped on her shoulders and falling down.

The pair clapped slightly for the woman. Locking eyes with each other already sensing trouble with the woman.

The feast went as expected. Food appearing in front of them and the two girls digging into their plate of food.