Prologue

-Prologue-

A chill jolts up my spine as the head of the administrations board motions for me to take a seat in front of her desk. 

"Hello! Miss Mitchell, isn't it?" The woman smiles warmly.

Her light brown hair is twisted up in a bun at the nape of her neck. The woman's cool blue eyes resemble crystals as they scan the pages of my essay, along with the additional pages of my application.

"Yes, but you can call me Ava." my voice wavers. I bite my lip and curse myself for allowing my nervousness to be evident.

The woman chuckles. Suddenly, it occurs to me that I don't even know her name. 

"Mrs. Lunce [Lun-cee]" her nameplate reads. That's funny; what an odd name.

"It's alright to be nervous, Ava. You're not the first." she assures me.

"Thank you." I sigh.

Mrs. Lunce straightens the papers and drops them in a pile in front of me. She then draws her arms back and folds her hands together silently. Her eyes probe my face, waiting for a response.

"Um, is there anything wrong?" I ask.

Her bright red lips tighten into a straight line before they separate with a small intake of air. 

"You've got exceptional grades, Ava. I like that. It proves you're a hard worker. But, so does everyone else at this college. How else can you prove to me that you will make a good addition to the student body?" 

I gaze around at the four white walls enclosing us. Certificates and pictures are the main decorations. It's amazing to think that someone's dream could be as simple as going to college. It's amazing that my dream is as simple as finishing college. It won't be easy, I know that. Nothing up to this point has been easy. But if I don't have anything to show for it, then what do my past trials matter?

I sink low in my seat, unable to think of an answer when my attention falls to the ring on my hand. It was a dazzling diamond clutched by thin, metal rods. My heart leaps as a single word pops into my train of thoughts. My mind goes wild with inspiration as I remember everything this ring stands for; everything I stand for. My mom, Lacie... Harry. Dear, brilliant, idiotic Harry. The boy who never left; the boy who showed me how much I can be. 

I take in a deep breath as I realize I have found the perfect answer. Mrs. Lunce's thin eyebrows rise up with interest as she awaits my answer.

"Mrs. Lunce." I begin. "Can I tell you a story?" 

***********************************************************************************

A/N: So, what do you think? It's just the prologue, but I hope it gives you an idea of the storyline to come. Thanks for reading! :) 

This was actually inspired by the fan fiction 'Forever and Always' by musicrazi. It's truly, unbelievably amazing. You should check it out, you won't regret it! ^-^

And this isn't really rated PG-13, Wattpad won't let me change it for some reason. The worst thing there could be is some minor swearing.. so, that's about it! Haha