Chapter 2

The thief took a few steps back and threw the book directly between himself and Caleb. Assuming that was the end of it Caleb released the link and went to pick up the book. 'ZZIING' the knife whizzed pass Caleb's face, sinking into the ground next to him with a thud. Before Caleb could get up the thief had already sprinted forward performing a hand stand spin kick across Caleb's  face; ripping the knife from the ground in the process and continuing on to swing at Caleb's face. The stroke barely missed just cutting a few hairs from Caleb's head. Caleb leaped back keeping a sharp eye on his attacker; the thief stood poised with a dagger in each hand carefully watching Caleb's movements. Then he dashed forward,  expecting him to jump, Caleb prepared to counter, but right before the thief reached him, he slid under Caleb slicing Caleb's ankle. Caleb stumbled forward and tried to turn around, barely seeing from the corner of his eye the blade rushing up to his chest.

Clang! The blade glanced off Caleb's claws; Caleb pushed him away using his powerful dragon arm. Sweat dripped down from Caleb' brow as he kept his eyes trained on the thief, trickling off onto his arm. Before Caleb could a take a proper breath, the thief charged back in, swinging at him. Caleb grabbed his arm as it came sending him careening off  to the right. The thief cut back in breaking Caleb's grip with a swift jab of his dagger. Caleb winced a bit but the tough dragon skin stopped the blow from doing much. Caleb quickly ducked under the thief's charge, feeling the soft black material of his cloth brush his face. Caleb delivered a powerful punch to the thief's chest. As the thief fell backwards he threw his blades, each ruffling Caleb's hair with a small breeze as they flew past his head.

The thief coughed a bit.

“You fight pretty well," the thief said slowly sitting up. 

"You're not bad yourself," Caleb said watching him carefully as he stood up.

"Not very observant though."

Caleb spotted a glimmer by his shoulder, his eyes widened with surprise. Wire! The thief raised his arms and yanked the wire towards himself. With incredible acrobatic ability Caleb back flipped over the fast moving daggers as they returned to the thief's hands.

"Do you know what that book is?" the thief shouted.

"Of course , I do! What do you know?" Caleb shouted back.

"That book holds knowledge that would allow a person to control the world! Even destroy it.!"

He dashed forward bringing his right arm down at an angle; Caleb turned away from the attack, but the thief continued his attack into a spin landing a blow with his foot across Caleb's  head.

"The book does not deserve to be in the hands of one who does not know how to use it!" The thief shouted as he charged Caleb again. Hardly recovered from his kick, Caleb barely managed to dodge the next few swipes. One-two! Snick! Caleb winced as he felt a small trickle of blood run from his cheek.

"It's not that I don't know how to use it!" Caleb retaliated, still being pushed back by the thief’s attacks. The thief thrust forward seeming to purposely miss Caleb ; he took an extra step forward and pulled back his elbow, slamming Caleb in his chest and knocking him to the ground. The thief stood menacingly over Caleb before bringing the two blades down in a decisive swing. Caleb flinched, his arms moved on their own, barely grabbing the thief's arms in his steel grip before he could be finished, the dragons instincts had saved him from a sure death.

Staring the thief coldly in the eyes Caleb spoke.

"The pages, the last five pages, which hold the secrets are missing," Caleb said as he continued to stare into the thief's coal black eyes. Caleb felt the thief's hands relax so he released him. The thief took a step back and put away his daggers in his belt. Without another word the thief turned around and began to walk away, only to walk straight into a tall burly policeman. The man smirked and quickly grabbed the thief before he could run away.