Chapter Four

Stiles was full of anxious energy as he drove home at the end of the day. It felt like his chest was tightening with every mile he drove on the way back from school. Scott had asked to hang out and study with him but Stiles was nervous that it was just going to be an excuse to watch over him and make sure that Peter wasn't going to sneak in for them to fuck.

Stiles groaned and put his head on the steering wheel at a red light at the thought. Why the hell had his mind gone straight to sleeping with Peter as the first excuse? He hated his stupid brain sometimes.

At least Lydia had somewhat calmed down the masses but he was nervous that someone was gonna end up telling his dad and he'd need to explain what was going on to him. He didn't really want to deal with the blow up of you might be eighteen but why are you sleeping with a man who could be your father... who is also your ex girlfriend's father? The following blow up that would result from him having to explain that no, he was not sleeping with Peter, he just needed an excuse so Scott didn't find out that he was planning on murdering a dude who was threatening the safety of Beacon Hills.

Stiles pulled into his driveway with a scowl when he noticed another, unfamiliar car sitting in it. It looked like it cost more than any of the houses on his street and the windows were tinted so darkly that there were two options for whose car it was. Either a very successful drug dealer was hanging out at the sheriff's house or, an even worse potential, it was Peter.

"For fuck's sake," Stiles swore as he turned off his car and stormed over to Peter's car. "Can you not do this, asshole?"

Peter rolled down his window and smirked at Stiles. "You should really get in the car."

Stiles barked out a disbelieving laugh. "Uh? Hell to the no on that. I really appreciate having all of my internal organs and not being trafficked to somewhere on the black market."

"Mm, I'm really not giving you an option here, Stiles. Either you get in willingly or I will haul your ass in here myself."

"Yeah, no." Stiles shook his head and started walking away from Peter's car. He wasn't dealing with that load of bullshit that day. "And I will let someone at the station know about your illegally tinted windows, have fun getting impounded, jackass."

There was the sound of a car door opening and closing before a hand grabbed the back of his neck. "I told you, I'm not giving you a choice here." Peter's voice was a low purr in his ear. "We need to have a little discussion and I don't want Scott or any other of the puppies interrupting us."

"You've been in my room," Stiles said flatly, unsure of what else to say. "Without my knowledge."

Peter looked down at him, eyes unreadable with his sunglasses on. "I'm protecting my investment from a threat." He pushed Stiles into the open passenger seat of his car and shut the door on him.

"This is abduction, you realize that right? And then there's the stalking and the breaking and ent—"

"Do me a favor and shut up for a moment," Peter said dryly, sliding into his seat and reversing his car out of Stiles' driveway. "Because I promise I'll have you back safe and sound by dinner time, not a single hair on your head out of place."

Stiles glared at Peter. "Yeah that doesn't make this shit any more legal. And also? I'm not your investment dude."

Peter just smirked. Stiles kinda wanted to run an experiment and see if werewolves could regrow teeth if they were punched out of their stupid smug mouths. The only thing that stopped him was his silly desire not to have a broken hand.

They drove in silence for a few long minutes that felt like they lasted hours. Stiles wasn't good at silence. He made an attempt to turn on the radio but his hand was quickly swatted away from the dial.