Being the Newbie

During the meeting with Nick, he explained how they were categorised. Alethea learnt there were more like her. Not with visions but with other powers, such as teleportation or mind control. Alethea didn't believe Nick, until she was introduced to others later on.

When the meeting was over, Nick concluded that Alethea was going to stay at The Hunt and get ready for the upcoming events she wasn't aware of. When he left the room, Alastair apologised about the events that the two of them encountered. Alethea was not bothered. Alethea wanted to start fresh. Not think about anything. Not even her parents.

Alethea learnt that there were three categories - General, Energy and Death. Generals are seen to be the most humble and happiest of people out of the three categories. They were best known for their generosity. Whenever you would walk by, they smile in your direction. However, never be phased, as there could be a devious smirk behind.

The next category is called Energies. Crimson labels them as the fairies, because they may seem sweet, but they strike like a python. They are known to be the most charming and intelligent beings. You could not get a secret out of them, but they were the loudest. Voicing their opinions. Their cowardice would always equal to their bravery.

The last category is Death. Alethea found out Alastair was in this group while Crimson was a General. Alethea didn't mind Crimson was a General. Alethea viewed Crimson to be lucky. She was able to fly and could get out of certain situations just like that. She also learnt Alastair could manipulate people's DNA. Apparently, once he made any type of contact with someone he could change when he wanted to. They would be sent on missions, Alastair helping his team get into high security places. Because he was able to control DNA, he could change the way someone else looked. He was also able to keep that person's DNA for however long he wanted and use it when needed. Many would describe him as a shapeshifter, but he wasn't able to change into animals and objects. He was one of the most trained students at the school.

People who are labelled as Death, are known to cause destruction if they weren't too careful. This is where the most creative minds were found. They saw themselves as powerful, while others saw them as weak. But no one could stop their rebellious acts from time to time.

People with visions were normally found in the Energy category, which made it become larger than General and Death. Other people from the Energy category became worried about the people with visions. As they trained night and day, people with visions became stronger. So strong, that they were not only able to foresee the future but change the past as well. Some became afraid of them, while others became mad.

No one knew how people with visions became extinct, but some would say it was a group of Energies. A group of Energies which were jealous of how powerful the people with visions were. It was rare to find another one with that sort of power, which is why it shocked everyone when they found out about Alethea.

In the last few days, Alethea learnt that she wasn't liked much, mainly by other Energies. Alethea entered the room which was full of others like herself. The room itself was big, with different coloured drapes covering each wall. There was furniture everywhere she looked. Some were either studying, talking with one another or playing games.

Once Alethea entered the room, everyone went silent and just looked at her as if she was carrying a disease. That's when the shouting turned into whispering. Alethea walked with Alastair and Crimson, ignoring the stares. As Alethea was walking to a small group which she presumed were Deaths, someone came in front of her. A dark-skin boy who was ravishingly handsome. He was definitely taller than Alethea and wore glasses. His sharp nose looking down upon her.

"Hi," smiled Alethea, "my name is-"

"I presume you're the famous visioner," he snarled at her.

"I would call myself famous," shrugged Alethea "but yes, I can sometimes see into the future."