Lollipop King - Perospero | Part 1

You scanned the room, noticing everyone's eyes were on you. 'This is intense..' you thought to yourself. You really couldn't pick, everyone was nice to you. Surprising, since your father and brother would always tell you horrible things about this family.

"Your choice..?" Perospero smiled widely, leaning down to meet your gaze. You jolted and looked away, "Ah- um...you." You mumbled. The whole room fell silent. Cracker looked around and blinked, "Who?" "[y/n] is talking about Perospero.." Smoothie nodded. The pale man smile softly, chuckling under his breath, "Quequeque~ what a lovely choice...perolin~" Perospero cooed, gently placing a hand on yours. "I'll be sure to tell Mama about this and to get everything ready for the wedding.~" You nodded your head. Cracker clicked his tongue in disapproval and walked out, mumbling under his breath. "If you all don't mind, I would like some alone time with my new partner." Everyone nods and says their goodbyes. Leaving only you and your newfound husband in the room.

Perospero sat on the bed and looked over at you, his eyes were sharp. "What a choice you made. Any particular reason for choosing me?" He asked, crossing his legs and his arms. You looked away quietly and gazed out the window. "I'm..not sure to be honest. You just seemed to be the perfect fit for me." Perospero laughed loudly, "Quequequeque!~ Isn't that just cute!~" He leaned over, nearly closing the distance between you both. His sweet, sugary aroma rushed into your nose. Before he could do anything, the door slammed open. Big Mom made her way into the room.

"Mamama~ look at this!~ The two love birds are already getting comfortable!" Your face grew a darker shade of red. Perospero glanced behind him, smiling widely at his mother. "Mm.~ Almost comfortable." He spoke, slowly standing up and grabbing his lollipop cane. "Oh? What could make it better?" Big Mom questioned, Perospero thought to himself. Thinking about what to say next. "We want to get married tomorrow." Everything went quiet, Linlin's smile grew brighter, "Oho!~ Tomorrow! Aren't you in a rush!~ Mamama~" Gently patting her eldest's back, "With that said, you're starting to sound like me when I was younger!~" Her eyes glanced from her son to you, "And you?" Her voice sent chills down your spine, "What is your say on this?..."

You've heard rumors about her devil fruit powers. Of course, it's nothing like Medusa or well, Boa's and turn you into stone if you tick her off; but this seemed far worse. Oh, no. Something about having your soul slowly sucked out of your body, stolen from you, didn't seem like a pleasant way of leaving this world.

All you can do was politely smile at the large woman, "That...sounds perfect! I couldn't be happier!" Linlin looked you up and down, slowly. Scanning your every breath, movement, and blink. She smiled warmly and nodded to you and her son. "Sounds wonderful to me!~ I'll get everything ready! Don't worry your precious heads! Mamamama!~" Linlin walked out of the room, her cackle filling the hallway as she left. You were holding your breath, softly sighing when you knew the coast was clear. Perospero looked down at you.

"Mm? What's wrong, my (bride/husband/partner)?" he asked, craning his linky body to meet your eyes. You jumped and looked at him, slowly softening your guard. "Ah...um, no offense at all-but Big Mom scares me a lot. She...seems sweet but her-" "Sweet? Quequeque~ Mama is nothing more than a kind but venomous woman. She may seem loving and very considerate, but she knows just how to manipulate someone good enough to get what she wants..." That didn't make you feel any better. You sat down, feeling yourself get lightheaded. You looked over and saw yourself getting pale. "Was this a good idea? Why couldn't I just have run with my dad and brother...oh- right.."  You mentally beat yourself up. This was worrisome...your husband looked back down at you. Taking a small mental note of what he said, hinting from your now pale complexion. He slowly strolled to you and knelt, holding up a cute lollipop. It was clear, nothing special about it except that it was the perfect ball of sugar. No cracks, imperfections, or odd air bubbles.

"Here. This is for you~.." He said with a wide grin. You looked at him, softly blushing. Perospero nodded towards it. Your small hand reached for the stick. Odd, you thought it would be smaller, looking at the lollipop, you noticed it was nearly the same size as your forearm. Perospero looked at you then at the lollipop, chuckling to himself. "Oops, I kinda forgot how small you are...~" He shrugs and looked at the clock on the wall, "It's about dinner time. Care to join me, or do you want to stay in here and let me bring it to you?" You looked at them, then looked down. Placing your hand and wand-sized lollipop in your lap.

"It would probably be best if I come and join. I don't want Mama to think I'm trying to pull something." You said with a shaky breath. Perospero placed a hand on your shoulder, "It will all be fine, you have me. I'll kill anyone for you, or anyone that stands in your way. Feel safe with us, we won't abandon you...you're one of us now.~ As of tomorrow, you'll officially be a part of the Charlotte family~..." with those words flowing out of his mouth, your nerves calmed down a little. You gulped hard and sighed, clearing your negative thoughts, and nodded.

"You're right!..." You spoke, almost somewhat confidently. Perospero was about to say something but you managed to swiftly kiss his cheek. He was stunned, slowly looking at you. You were too, what the hell did you do?! Where did that come from?! Your mind started to race again, but you tightened up and straighten your back. "Come on Pero!~ Let's go eat! I want to get to know your siblings!~" He blinked a few times, then gave a cheeky yet wholesome smile. "Quequeque~ you are full of surprises! Alright, I'll introduce you to some of them...~" He teased, strutting his way to the door.

Your eyes followed his moment, "Wait- some?! Why not all of them!!" He softly laughs to himself, "You don't know how many of us there are, do you?"

As you both walked to the dining hall, you thought to yourself and shook your head, "I mean, I know she has had a lot of kids...but there's only you, Kakaturi, Cracker, Amande, and Smoothie, right? Oh- and Pudding!" Perospero was shocked, "Queque...uh, no. There are 85 of us~." He cooed, pushing the large doors to the dining hall. You stood there, in complete shock. "85?!" You raised your voice. The majority of the family members all looked at you. Perospero looked down at you, "Yes~ it's something else, isn't it?...~" You wanted to ask questions but your attention got taken over by a loud laugh.

"Mamama!~ Quite the amount, huh?" She boldly laughed again, "Come, sit down! I'll tell you all you need to know about the family!~" Linlin said, her voice was warm and welcoming, but cold towards the end. You looked up at your soon-to-be husband, he nodded and gently held your hand. Helping you make your way to greet your new family.

//

A/N: Ohh~ sorry it took so long to finish this part! I hope you enjoyed it!! Pero is one of my favorites, his design just screamed Willie Wonka in the Chocolate Factory, and I looooove it! The support on this helps a lot. Thank you to everyone that reads it, See you all in the next chapter~ Ciao!~ 💕