Thirteen

"Law! Law, wait!" you shout and run out of the room, bouncing back from his chest when he returns after hearing your voice.

He is tense, the strong muscles straining under his tanned skin.

"What is it?" he snaps at you, worried about his crew. At the same time, you see the glint of excitement and fighting wish in the golden pair of eyes as they gleam brightly in the sunlight. He takes a deep breath to calm himself down as he sees the anxiety on your face. "Wreny, I-"

"I have to go and talk to him," you say quickly, closing your fist. Law looks at you with disbelief. "I must know if I told them anything that would endanger the Revolutionaries!"

"Don't be an idiot," growls the man, grabbing your arm to pull you with himself. "I can't endanger my crew with Government dogs in such a situation. I don't think you told them anything. Wreny, they left a Vivre Card on purpose. It has to be a trap."

"I need to understand what happened to me!" you shout, ripping your hand free. You recoil as the pirate's face reflects how much your act hurts him. "They let me run, and I need to know why."

Law's face darkens, and he steps closer to you. Your breath stops as your back bumps against the wall from his closeness.

"I will not let you risk that now," he says with a low, threatening tone, but you see only worry in his eyes. You touch his cheek, and he lours, his lower lip trembling almost invisibly. "Wreny."

"I'm sorry," you whisper to his lips, then avoid his arm and run through the corridor.

Law follows you, shouting your name, but you are fast enough to keep your distance.

Adrenaline rushes through your veins, your heart pounding at a crazy pace.

Rob Lucci. He's the greatest Rokushiki master in the CP0. It's dangerous without a weapon.

But I need answers. If something goes wrong, I can flee.

Whatever waits outside, I'm strong enough to hold them up until Law can escape.

I won't let them get hurt.

"Wait, Wreny!" shouts Trafalgar after you, but you don't listen to him. "Please!"

But you freeze when he continues.

"If I can't stop you, I'll give you a weapon and stay by your side," he says, and your mind fills with a warm feeling as you see his face, full of doubt and care. "We either escape together or fight together today. I'm not giving you another choice."

His jawline is tense, and his eyes are calm and burning at the same time. You can't help but smile at him gratefully, making him scoff.

And when Trafalgar Law takes your hand and changes his orders while leading you to the deck, you start to have faith in him.

.

.

.

A few minutes later

You ask him to stay behind and walk closer to the agent alone.

Your Observation Haki is on alarm, and you pay attention to every movement of your opponent.

The Heart Pirates stayed on the ship, watching everything from the coast.

Their Captain stands a few meters behind you, like a protecting wall for them and a pillar for you to lean on.

His face is kept emotionless, but you see the knuckles of his hand whiten around the handle of his katana.

Lucci grins as he sees you, and you rotate your new sword in the air, getting used to its shape.