Sneak Peak

Whoever said it is impossible to balance school work, a part-time job, a social life and physical fitness was correct. Looking around my friendship group you can tell straight away I have nailed the social life aspect, well partially anyway. My friends were the popular group, however I’m not so sure I can be included in that clique. Just by taking one quick glance you can tell I’m the ugly, fat friend. I may not be particularly fat but I am bigger than my friends and I’m not ridiculously ugly either. But some days you have that feeling where your thighs feel too large, your stomach feels like rolls are on top of rolls, your face feels the need to show all you blemishes and your hair is lying flat like road kill, this is one of those days. 

As I play with the lid off my water bottle I wonder how they do it, perfect skin, unlike mine white is pale and discolours as soon as the temperature alters. Skinny bodies, when I know they eat just as much, if not more than me. Pearly white teeth, at least mine didn't need braces I suppose. We’ve already discovered my fitness isn't at its peak here. 

When I look at them I feel like I’ve socially accomplished something in my life, but then I think of boys. Yeah maybe I have gotten a little interest over the years but its never been the type of interest that becomes mutual, harsh but honest. My friends are the type of girls where they either have a new boy every weekend or they have a boyfriend that they’ve been madly in love with since reception. I however have only kissed a boy, being seventeen, almost eighteen, and only having kissed a boy is slightly embarrassing to say the least.

Moving on from the social aspects of my life and on to a more positive note. I do have a part-time job that I somewhat enjoy which gives me as much money as I can handle. Again here comes the however, it does stop me from having the highest ranking in the social scale and it restricts my grades. School is somehow working well for me but that may not last for too long, I’ve been on a slow but sure decrease for a while now. My subjects are difficult though, taking four A-Levels is difficult, never mind when they are Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Business. 

I want to improve my life, get good grades, meet the right boy, go out to parties, have money to do so and if I can find a miracle worker I might also go for improving my fitness and appearance.