S2: 12: Aftermath

The land of Targahyun was quiet and calmer in the night. Areum and Hyunjin walked through the garden in silence. Areum was walking behind him as she could feel him still angry about the situation earlier that day.

As they walked through the garden of red tulips, Hyunjin halt immediately. Areum stopped her pace and stared at his back. Hyunjin turned around, his face still showing his anger and stared at her. Areum looked down.

Suddenly, she was pulled into a hug. Areum was surprised. He held her close. Hug her tight, as if she was going to disappear any moment.

"I thought I'd lost you too" he whispered

Areum eyes widen as she felt her heart beating fast. Her face flushed. She didn't know what to say. She hugs him back as reassurance.

"I'm sorry" she whispered back

He buried his face on her neck as they stayed silent while hugging each other. She could feel his heart beating fast, just like hers.

"My, oh my, what a lovely view tonight," someone said from afar.

Areum and Hyunjin quickly parted and looked at the entrance of the castle where the king was grinning from ear to ear and Jiwoo standing beside him with her usual expression.

"Father!" Hyunjin exclaimed as his eyes lit up brightly.

He takes Areum's hand and runs towards his father like a happy child. The king chuckled seeing his beloved son running towards him.

"How?" Hyunjin asked as he hugs his father tightly.

"Too tight, my boy. Too tight" The king said as he gently slaps him on the back.

Hyunjin parted away from him with a pout.

"A merchant was kind enough to give their last flowers to us," said Jiwoo

Hyunjin smiled in relief. He clings to his father happily. The father and son chat happily as they walked inside the castle.

Areum watched them happily. She let out a relieved sigh. She smiled while staring at them.

"If I were you, I would not fall for his tricks" Jiwoo suddenly said

Areum turned to look at her. Jiwoo was also watching the king and his prince.

"Your heart should not beat for a person you don't know" she continued and left her alone at the entrance.

Confused, Areum felt her heartbeat that was beating fast not so long ago. She stared at Hyunjin's back and shifted her gaze towards Jiwoo's back.

----------------------

Meanwhile, in another land far away; the land of GreyLeeKnow.

"Don't stop until I say so" Minho ordered sternly.

"I can see those hands are starting to get floppy, hands in the air properly or I'll add another extra 5 minutes for your punishment" Minho continued.

Yeona silently rolled her eyes as she imagine him like a discipline teacher she knew well once at school. She was sitting legs bent, knees forward and sitting on top of her heels. Both hands were raised upwards. She had her head hung low.

She was in that position for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, Minho was walking around in his office as if he was searching for something. Though, his eyes were sharp whenever Yeona was going to rest her arms a bit.

Then, he pulled out something from a drawer in his desk. He puts a white box on the desk. He opens the box immediately.

"Come here," Minho said, this time his voice is a bit softer.

Yeona looked at him with a small grin as her punishment is over. She walked happily towards the desk. She sat the opposite of him as usual. Minho who was preoccupied with the white box, glanced at her.

"What are you doing? Sit beside me" he said in a softer tone.

Yeona was taken back by what he said. Timidly, she pulled the chair to his side. She sat anxiously, her back was straight and her fingers were playing around with her dress.

"Lift your left sleeve" he continued.

Yeona remained silent as she slowly lifts her long sleeve. She suddenly felt something sticky on her sleeve and felt a sharp pain when she rolled up her sleeve. She looked at her arm. It was bleeding.

"Eh?" That was all she could say.

She didn't remember getting injured. She didn't feel the pain until now. The bleeding probably has stopped. Minho gently took her arm and starts treating her.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch" she yelps in pain by the rough treatment.

"Hush" Minho replied while his eyes are still focused on the wound.

She squirms a bit and tried to hold back from making any noise but sometimes it just slips from her mouth.

"There you go," Minho said as he finished wrapping a bandage on the wound.

Yeona looked at the freshly treated arm and sighed in relief. It was another torture when he was treating it.

"Tha-"

"One last thing," Minho said after putting away the equipment in the box.

He pulled her arm again and kissed gently on the wound. Yeona immediately freeze. Her face turned red. She stared at him in disbelief.

"Done," he said blatantly.

Minho was going to keep the box when he stopped after seeing Yeona's flustered face. His face turned red too as he tried to remain composed. He avoided her gaze.

"Wound heals faster after a good well kiss...my mother taught me that," he said after clearing his throat.

"Oh...tha- thanks" Yeona stutter embarrassedly.

Both of them look away from each other as they tried to calm themselves. The night has grown hotter for sure.