4. Congenial

Happy reading and don't forget to do truckloads of comments. 😘

She felt her sleep breaking off but the warmth she was feeling stopped her from opening her eyes

She felt so comfortable and protected there. The firmness of something touching her back and and warm breath tickling her shoulder lulled her in a magic spell.

Being aware of his hand laying on her arm but she didn't mind. Instead, she turned around quietly and kept her head against his chest.

She did it very smoothly, not to disturb him at all like air oscillating in a bubble.

Happenings of last night playing in her mind. She took a breath and tried to relax, feeling his heartbeat against her head.

She let the the sinking feeling go away, slowly.
Very slowly.

The air conditioned freezing waves making her cheeks cold but quilt keeping her warm.

Raina wanted to focus on that only, not on anything else, not on that nightmare.

"Are you okay?"

She heard his groggy voice and looked up.

He still had his eyes closed but he pulled her closer, keeping his warm hand behind her head and patted her like a baby.

"Hmmm.", she hummed closing her eyes.

He pulled her closer, feeling her cold.

She snuggled more into him, rubbing her cheeks against his t-shirt.

He opened his eyes and looked over the clock, it was still early, and then again back to her peaceful face.

He wanted this for the longest time,
The distance between them to dissolve like it was never there,
His hands able to touch the vivid curves of her face, anytime.

But again it was never about the proximity between them.

He gripped the edge of blanket and pulled it over her head, covering her whole and tightened his right arm around her.

🔅🔆🔅

"How is it?", he asked.

Raina looked around with a normal face, "Nice."

"Only nice?", he cocked an eyebrow.

Raina turned to face him with a poker face, "Do you want me to comment on a room filled with wrapped things?"

He shrugged.

They were standing in a semi completed cabin which was being designed for Raina in the building of Rajputana HQ.

Adhiraj took her to office for some paperwork the following morning and decided to show her that room.

Raina moves towards the chair behind the desk which was wrapped in brown paper and plastic.