Katz 2

In 2007, the 12-metre catamaran, the Kaz II, was discovered unmanned off the coast of Queensland, northeast Australia in April.  The yacht had left Airlie beach on Sunday 15 April and was spotted the following Wednesday however it wasn't boarded until Friday. The three crew men were not on board. Not unusual enough? After all, it wouldn't be the first abandoned boat. However what makes the case of Katz 2 strange is not what had changed but rather the opposite. The engine had still been running  as well as the laptop. The radio and GPS were working and a meal was set to eat, yet untouched.  All the sails were up but one was badly shredded, while three life jackets and survival equipment, including an emergency beacon, were found on board. Investigators recovered a video recording that showed footage taken by the crew shortly before their disappearance. The footage showed nothing abnormal. A rescue effort went underway immediately.

The investigation came up with no signs of foul play. Besides for the shredded sail, there was no sign of struggle, no blood seen, and the pistol on board hadn't even been touched. The most reasonable theory I've heard was perhaps one crew member fell overboard and the other two crew members tried to rescue him. 

The story reminds me a lot of Mary Celeste.