Chapter 21: A Second Chance for Two

Waking up in someone else's arms was definitely not something Taylor was used to... but he found that he didn't really mind. Cadon had followed him to bed after they'd showered, separately, and asked if he could hug him while they slept. It was an odd request, but he let him do as he pleased. The added warmth was a tad uncomfortable, though. He'd been so used to the chill that came along with Nikolai's banshee, and now that he was gone, the air-conditioner just didn't seem to do much, especially with a warm body beside him. 

"Good morning," came a mixture of voices from behind him that quickly had Taylor sitting up and looking at the man lying beside him. 

That's not his voice, but at the same time, it is. 

He also looked a little different. His body was a little more tan, and his hair had darkened slightly. 

He's... really handsome, now that I'm actually looking. 

"You're going to make me lose control again if you keep looking at me like that, Tay," Cadon said as he reached up and ran his fingers through Taylor's messy hair. 

"S-sorry," Taylor murmured as he looked away, only to realize that there was a light coming from beneath their door, meaning that someone had turned the light on in the other room. 

"Don't worry. I called Sasha last night after you had fallen asleep and explained everything that had happened. She was upset about breaking up, at first, but then she decided to put her emotions on the back burner for now and help us get Nikolai back."

Taylor was honestly surprised. She was way more mature than he gave her credit for. 

"She's a sweetheart, and it sucks that things happened this way. I'm not regretting it, but I do need to actually sit down and talk with her when this is all over. I'm not one who likes using calls or texts to handle very personal situations," Cadon said, earning a nod from Taylor. He definitely agreed with that. 

"Her exorcist friend, Martin, is also here. They talked about what might happen today, last night, and texted me this morning that they were coming over. I let them in and we talked for a bit, but I couldn't keep myself from coming back here to check on you... then just getting back in bed so that you didn't wake up alone." 

I have a feeling its not going to be hard to fall for this guy. 

"They think that because we technically took Caleb back, that the other exorcist is going to return to try and reclaim him," Cadon said, drawing Taylor out of his thoughts. 

They can't really take him back now, though. He's permanently part of Adoni. 

"They think that they'll want him even more now that we've fused together."

Frowning, Taylor reached forward and wrapped him in a strong hug. 

"I'll never let them take you away. We'll get Nikolai back and be rid of that exorcist," he said reassuringly as he felt Cadon's arms go around his waist and tug him closer. 

"We will. So... want to shower together before we get this show on the road? I'm sure they'll be heading this way soon," Cadon said with a smirk as he looked up at Taylor. 

The thought had his face burning as he quickly shook his head and climbed out of the bed. 

"I'm good. I got it," he said as he hurried into the bathroom with an armful of clothing and shut the door to the sound of a quiet chuckle. 

When he stepped out of the shower, he could hear voices coming from the other room... and they sounded uncomfortably familiar. 

Quickly drying off, he yanked on his clothing and reached for the door handle. He very carefully turned it, then opened the door a tiny amount.