24 - Tense Conversations Part 1

AN: Let me start this by saying, romance is not my forte. Those of you who've read anything from my oneshot series may be confused by this, but in my defense most of those on shots are either tragic or teasers.

It's just that there's a scene here with Scott and Allison and I meant it to be all sweet and flirty but I think it ended up awkward instead. I am working on writing romance though, so don't lose faith just yet :D

OoOoO

For over a hundred years, the Argent family kept the world safe from the threat of werewolves. They chased the beasts around the world and did whatever they had to in order to protect the innocent from this supernatural threat while also ensuring the secret world remained a secret. The family business forced the Argent family to live a semi-nomadic lifestyle partly to ensure their safety from the creatures of the night that would love to taste Argent blood.

That all changed in August 1908 when Jonathan Argent's wife Constance fell pregnant. This wasn't the first time Constance found herself in this situation, but neither of her previous pregnancies made it to term as she suffered two miscarriages. This time, determined to finally hold a babe in their arms, Jonathan and Constance Argent decided to permanently live in Beacon Hills, California.

So, Jonathan designed a house that would keep his family safe from all supernatural threats.

Jonathan built the Argent Family House in Beacon Hills, California on a parcel of land that was blessed by a priest. The foundations were built with iron and wood from the mountain ash tree. Protective sigils and symbols from different cultures were carved into the walls. All the doors were heavily reinforced and made of mountain ash as well. Various secret passages passed underneath the house leading to safe houses all over town. The house's greenhouse was filled with herbs and plants with supernatural use like wolfsbane, vervain, sage, and there was a big oak tree in the front yard. And every month, a priest would visit the house to bless it.

He'd put every kind of protection against the supernatural tied up all around his house and property. Not just against werewolves either, his family, his children were going to live in this house for generations to come, he wasn't taking any chances when it came to their safety. Hunters in the Argent circle thought him needlessly paranoid and told him as such. Then again, they also believed that werewolves were the only supernatural beings that mattered, other things such as vampires and wendigos were best left to the redneck hunter that popped up every now and then.

Still, when the Argent family house was finally finished two years later, the family often found themselves playing host to hunters in the area.

OoOoO

Decades passed and the protections around the Argent house stayed strong. The wards were checked regularly and a priest continued to come by. Some members of the family even took it upon themselves to add more protection to the house.

One of the more modern additions to the house were the security cameras hidden in every room of the house. Something Chris Argent was thankful for as he monitored his only daughter who was sitting in the living room with her boyfriend.

Purely for security reasons of course.

His eyes remained glued to the tablet in his hand as he watched the two teenagers on the screen, keeping the video on mute to give his daughter some privacy.

Victoria, on the other hand, didn't seem all that bothered about Allison's boyfriend. She trusted her daughter and knew she wasn't as bold as to try something like that with her parents in the other room. Besides, she knew the effect she had on people when they first met her and the boy would not be foolish enough to do anything disrespectful toward her daughter in her own house.