Bound by Their Wedding Plans

Nicole Flockton

When Nick Rhodes springs a surprise on his fiancée Pamela Bishop, the reaction he gets is not what he expects. Will his surprise break them apart or will it bring them closer together?

Bound by Their Wedding Plans is a bonus scene with Nick and Pam from Bound by His Desire (October 2014 Escape Publishing Release) as they travel the road all newly engaged couples travel when it comes to wedding planning.

Pamela Bishop looked at the picture of the wedding dress and sighed. It was gorgeous. The dress was strapless with a sweetheart neckline, fitted to the waist before flaring out in a layered skirt that kissed the ground. Pam touched the screen of the tablet to enlarge the picture. The bodice of the dress was covered in a delicate lace pattern and beautiful crystals were placed to enhance the pattern.

“Oh my goodness, is that your dress? It’s beautiful.”

Pam looked up and saw Nix, the hostess, who had greeted her when she walked into the cafe. “I’m not sure. The dress is gorgeous but I wonder if it’s too over the top. I’m not one for standing out in the crowd.”

Nix laughed. “It’s your wedding day, you’re going to be the centre of attention. You’re supposed to shine. And in that dress, honey, you are going to shine brighter than a star. I say go for it.”

“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell her for the last month.” Another voice joined the conversation and Pam’s body melted at just hearing it.

Nick.

Her fiancé. The man who held her heart.

As she looked up into his eyes, the love shining out from them touched deep into her soul. Dressed in a dark blue suit, with light blue shirt and a perfectly knotted silver tie, he looked exactly what he was—a successful businessman who was comfortable in his own skin.

Pam wished she felt the same about herself. Even after being engaged to Nick for almost four months, she still couldn’t believe that he loved and wanted her. “And I keep telling you, that’s not me.”

Nick laughed and leant down to kiss her. The moment his lips touched hers, all thoughts of wedding and wedding dresses flew out of her mind. She reached up and cupped his head, keeping his lips in contact with hers.

“Well, I’ll just leave you two to discuss weddings.” The hostess’ voice broke through the spell Nick cast over her every time he touched her.

Pam pulled away from Nick and looked back at Nix. “Sorry, and thanks for your advice. I’ll think about it.”

The hostess waved away her apology. “It’s fine, no need to apologise. There’s nothing more special than love. Enjoy your day.”

As she turned and walked away, Pam wondered where the happy girl had gone. An air of sadness seemed to have taken hold of her.

“What’s wrong?” Nick asked as he took the seat opposite hers.

“Nothing.” She smiled at Nick as he toyed with the bowl of sugar packets on the table. “How did the meeting go?”

“It went well.” He moved his chair until he was beside her, his leg brushing up against hers. “It would’ve been much more exciting if you were there.” He murmured against her neck.

Pam’s eyelids drifted slowly down, like a drop of condensation sliding down a glass. She let herself enjoy the moment of Nick’s lips on her neck before she pulled away from him. “I seem to recall I wasn’t invited. And,” she paused and gave him a look. “Hands above the table, mister, we’re in a public place.”