1

Hallie sat down at another conference table. As another company percented why she should sell her small business over to them. No matter how many times she refused someone else would demanded a meeting of some kind. Whether it was to request she sell her companies or to tell her she was an idiot to say "no" to their offers.

Much to her dismay it was the second one today.

"If you don't sell it'll just fall through!" The CEO of Wayne Enterprises, William Earle shouted. Tossing a pile of statistics, and charts in front of her. All of which showed sales going down.

Hallie rolled her eyes at his antics. She stood from her seat, reaching over to her coat. "I'm sorry I was completely unaware that Wayne Enterprises, a technology based company, was interested in a skincare and clothing business." She snarked.

The older gentleman simply ignored her tone continuing with, "You clothing line is geared towards the disabled. Your clothes help with blood circulation, body temperature, etcetera. Your skincare line uses the best ingredients known. It would be terrible if these companies went under."

"Well it's a good thing that my companies are none of your business." Hallie told him before walking out of the glass conference room. Not seeing a reason to stay any longer.

Wayne Enterprise has been a slight mystery to her for years. She wasn't even sure what Wayne Enterprise did anymore. That hadn't sold any new piece of technology in years.

"You'll regret this Newman!" Earle called out. Angered by her unprofessionalism and lack of concentration during the meeting. He had is best-or at least associates he believed to be the best. While the true ones were buried away in some department he payed no attention to.- working on this presentation tirelessly.

"No, I won't!" The brunette replied. Practically waving him off as the door shut behind her. Causing the man to watch her in a deep rage.

Hallie still couldn't figure out for the life of her why Wayne Enterprises wanted her companies. It made almost no sense. Perhaps her clothing line would make good money with all of the contacts the company had, but it wasn't tech, it was base on medical needs. Something she was sure Thomas Wayne would have been intrigued by, but not William Earle. He was about getting the money and doing what ever he could to not pend a simple dime. He under paid the staff and turned down so many projects.

There was only one man who had the power to persuaded him. Lucuis Fox. Thomas Wayne's best technological scientist and good friend. He knew exactly how to talk Earle into giving him money.
Earle had a deep resentment towards Lucuis. Hiding the man down in a fake department to keep his mouth shut.

Lucuis had such imaginative creations that so many people would love to have. Yet because those ideas did not belong to William himself and most of the funds and pay would go to the creator he didn't like the idea. Nor did he like the thought of Lucuis getting his job. Which would happen if Mr. Fox was actually aloud to present his work.

In fact Lucuis was the only reason why Hallie truly came. He was a dear friend to her. One she had met during her first month in Gotham at a coffee shop downtown from her apartment complex. The only seat open was next to him and she had asked to sit next to him. She had just started her plans started her clothing business, called Everyday clothing. Going over order shipments and other emails.. After a while Fox saw what she was working on and asked her about it. The two engaged in a lovely conversation and had been friends every since. Creating a tradition of Sunday coffee that they try to do every week.

However it had been pushed back do to the problems going on for both Everyday clothing and Fearless, her skin care brand. It got to the point she'd have to cancel. Lucuis was every understanding and once he heard that Earle had arranged a meeting with her, he requested she visit him before she left. To which she agreed.

The business woman walked down hallway to hallway until she was able to find the R&D department. A darken room, with metal ceiling, three wooden filling cabinets. Two tall, each on the end of a longer cabinet for index cards. A desk covered in paper work and a metal cart at the right edge of the front end full of different blueprints.

The sound of her footsteps echoed through the room causing the old man to look up from his work and smile at the sight of his young friend as she stood beside his desk.

"Why hello there. Good to see I'm on your radar once more." He joked.

Hallie shook her head in amusement at his comment. "Ha ha, you think you're so funny don't you?" She playfully glared at him.

"Hilarious." He answered, before changing the subject. "How was the meeting?" He asked. Trying to hide the smirk on his face already knowing the answer to the question.

"Horrible. That man should not be the CEO of any company ever! He expects he gets whatever he wants and I swear he doesn't truly try to understand why I do what I do. He just read it and did a poor job of it. I can just tell by how he talks about them. He doesn't truly care. Why would he think I'd want to work with someone like that?" She complained, knowing Lucuis wouldn't care at all. Sire he would like to hear someone express there dislike towards William other them himself.

Lucuis let out a breath. "Because like you said he expects everything gets handed to him and it's because he is the CEO of the largest company in the city and one of the biggest in the country in general." He explained.

"I hate people like that." Hallie sighed. Taking a seat on the edge of his desk.

Lucius walked gave her a small pat on the shoulder. "Don't we all."

Suddenly the office door let out a loud creak followed by the sound of heavy footsteps. It was a man, tall, around six foot, comb back brown hair, wearing an expensive Italian suit and Swiss shoes. He had a chiseled jaw, defined cheek bones, pursed lip, slight wrinkles on his forehead, and dark brown eyes.

Hallie had heard stories about him before. Some good, others bad and one that claimed he was dead. It wasn't until this morning the news of his great returned had come out.

Bruce Wayne had returned and he was standing in front of Hallie Newman.

"I'm sorry Mr. Fox, I was unaware you had company over today." He apologized. He held out he hand for Hallie to shake. "Bruce Wayne."

Hallie excepted his hand, surprised by not only his strong grip, but how dry his hands felt. It wasn't like normal dry hands. This was rougher. Almost like he had been working on something difficult for several hours at a time, no breaks.

"Hallie Newman." She introduced.