Romance is for normies. Is that really true?

I love you he wanted to say. The young grim reaper held his head in the palm of his right hand. I love you Maka Albarn I want you to be forever mine! Not your weapon's...mine... Just... Mine... He wanted to scream.

"Kid? Are you okay? You seem a bit spacey." The strawberry blond asked. Today she had her hair pulled back in a solid, symmetrical pony tail. She wore her lazy clothes, the ones she usually wore when the whole group got together to play basketball, a yellow hoodie, peach jeans and sneakers. Kid loved it when she came over and helped him study. But his feelings grew every time he saw her, mesmerized by her beauty.

"A-ah yeah sorry I got side tracked I thought there was a miss placed book...heh..." He said awkwardly, yet the meister didn't catch on.

"Oh alright... typical... Now, lets get back to work!" She snatched up a large and heavy textbook. "Or so help me Death I will beat you with this!!"

No you won't.. He thought.

"Of course Maka-chan. Okay test review, when dissecting a-- WHAT?! NO THAT SPECIES IS PERFECTLY SYMMETRICAL!!" He ranted at the top of his lungs, holding his head in dispare.

"Oh dear...lets say that this one is asymmetrical..." She had a cartoonish sweatdrop on the side of her head.

"...fine..." He grumbled.

They got threw the study session without too many slip ups. Kid failed at flirting as usual. Blushing when she touched his hand and failed attempts at pecking her cheek or stealing a kiss.

"Ah... Thank you for helping me study, Maka. I truely appreciate it." He said as he shoved his hands into his pockets. In truth he didn't need to study. He knew all the material like the back of his hand. Though he acted ignorant around her just so he would have an excuse to spend time with her.

"No problem! Just let me know when you wanna meet up to study again." The blond chirped.

"Of course. But before you go..." The young reaper began in his calm tone. Though that was short lived. "Nevermind... Have a nice night, Maka." He said with a soft, shy smile gracing his features.

"Oh, ugh... yeah... See ya, Kid." Maka was confused, though she didn't dare question it. The large door of Gallows mannor slowly came to a close with the reaper inside. The loud click that came from it didnt help at all, in adding to an errie feel.
Kid walked away from the door, only to be greeted by Liz.

"You let her get away, again?" She asked with her arms crossed over her chest. She was wearing a plain pastel blue tanktop that allowed viewing of her naval and blue jeans.

"Go away Liz..." He muttered as he walked past her and towards the stairs behind her, though her arm shot out and blocked him.

"Do I need to get your mom?" She asked in a teasing tone. A disgusting mocking tone that made him cringe.

"Unless you wish to go to the depths of Hell and drag her back from the pit of despair she threw herself in. No." He growled in a bitter tone. It was made obvious that he was not happy.

"Geez chill Kid I was just kidding. So what happened with Maka?" She asked as she leaned down to be eye level with her dear meister.

"I... said goodbye and sent her home.." he muttered as a tint of pink crossed his pale cheeks.

"Oh... so you chickened out. God you're such a whimp. The next Lord Death can't even get a date." Liz sighed and moved her arm down, giving the reaper a way up stairs. "Man up."

"I'm afraid. Elizabeth. For what reason shouldn't I be? Just because I'm not perfectly human doesnt mean I'm void of emotion." He said as his lips pursed. Though he soon raised a brow. "It's quiet. Where's Patty?" He asked with a hint of panic filling his voice.