Short Interlude - The End of a Beginning

The Universe is a beautiful place; thousands of galaxies coalesce like drops of paint on a black canvas; stars burned brightly, their shine seen for millenia and stayed for more; on countless worlds, in a million billion voices, all sapients thought this of the Great Beyond; the void that they shall soon touch, like the many foreigners before them. Humanity is no different. But soon they all shall know the truth of it all, the sole reason why the ancients before them had fallen: the universe is rife with life, but horrors are not far behind.

In another time, in another place, Humanity and their compatriots was beset by the horrors that the First unleashed, only surviving through the actions of a certain Shephard. This is not that time. This time, Humanity was cautious, only venturing out into the stage when they were ready. This time, the fate of the galaxy isn't hinged on the shoulders of a single person, but by the polity that birthed them. This time, the mistakes of the past were fixed by the hands of the future. This time, the creations of a War in Heaven shall debut, and it shall reap pandemonium like never before.

Friends and enemies shall be made; alliances and wars shall be done; the blood of millions, perhaps billions, shall flow. But Humanity is stalwart, and it shall weather through this Crisis, like it has done on many worlds like them. The end of this galaxy is far, but the end of it's beginning is nigh.