July

You came to see me, but I didn't, couldn't, answer the door. I watched you from the window behind a curtain. You were different Mikey.  

I remember the way that you dressed. You were so dorky, you stole my galaxy leggings. But now you're wearing ripped skinny jeans and band tees.

Remember how we wasted all the best of us in alcohol and sweat? We were so young and so naïve but Ashton's family always had vodka.

And I remember when I knew that you'd be leaving, how I barely kept up breathing and you pulled me away from everyone before you left to fly to America the first time. To go on tour with that big boyband.

You lead me around a brick wall and I remember when you leaned in quick to kiss me and I swear not a single force on earth could stop the trembling of my hand.

You said you've loved me since you were twelve and you knew I didn't have those same feelings back but, you wanted a good luck kiss. I kissed you back.

You were so wrong Mikey.

You left my standing there before I had a chance to say I've loved you since we were ten. Ever since you made me try out for the dumb school play with you.

I think I saw you tear up before you left but know my legs gave out from underneath me and I wept for hours as I watched you walk through those doors, and never look back.