24.

LILITH had been given an examination of her health before she was deemed alright and just given medication for the soreness resonating around her body. Finnick and Jackson were constantly fussing over both her and Johanna. She loved them but it was getting annoying. But there were few moments in the depths of the broken District 13 that Lilith had nice moments. Like now.

She watched Finnick sleep with a smile. He had a dopey and peaceful look on his face that told her that he wasn't having any nightmares. His curly blond hair splayed out on his pillow and his legs were slightly kicking Lilith but she didn't mind. She was just happy that they were both alive. She stared at him for a moment longer before shuffling out of the bed quietly. She slipped on some long pants and exited their room.

Walking along the hallways of the bunker was weird to her. She had gotten so used to her house in District 5 and had gotten used to the pristine hallways of the Capitol. She rounded a corner to the cafeteria and sat in one of the abundance of metal chairs. She placed her head in her palm and sighed in contentment at the quiet. She thought about her life before a slight crashing came from the kitchen; she stood to investigate.

She found Katniss stirring mix in a bowl, "What are you doing?" Lilith asked. Katniss' head snapped up before the girl sighed.

"Baking cookies. You know yesterday Peeta tried to attack me when he saw me. The Capitol fucked him up," Katniss' stirring became more aggressive. Only then did Lilith notice the cast around her throat. Lilith walked over to her and placed a hand on hers.

"Look I'm not a huge fan of you, because you kind of started this mess but Peeta will be ok. He's strong. He'll be back to normal in no time."

"Thank you? Should I be saying thank you? You kind of insulted me," Katniss said. Lilith shrugged and went to leave.

"Leave me some," Lilith called.

Lilith walked back to her room and smiled seeing Finnick sitting up rubbing his eyes and running his hands through his tousled hair.

"Hello, my love."

"Hey. You weren't here when I woke up. Made me worried," Finnick crawled to the end of the bed where Lilith stood and wrapped his arms around her; resting his head on her stomach. She ran her hand through his hair and he sighed in content.

"We'll no need to be. I'm right here."

Finnick was quiet for a moment before he spoke up, "I was worried for you. I was worried a lot."

"I know darling. I missed you a lot."

"I missed you a lot too." Lilith nudged him back into the bed and crawled in next to him pulling the covers over them both. They faced each other, legs tangled under the sheets.

"What did you and Jackson do while Johanna and I were gone? God knows you two can't handle yourselves when we're not around," Lilith joked.

Finnick chuckled, "Not much. Just sitting here and doing nothing but normal rebellion things," he was quiet for a moment before he spoke up quietly, "Marry me."

Lilith smiled and nodded and closed her eyes enjoying the moment before she felt Finnick's lips on her neck. Blood rushed to her face and her breath hitched. He rolled her over and leaned down to press a loving and passionate kiss to her lips.

☾☾☾☾☾☾

Lilith and Finnick walked towards their friends in the cafeteria with their hands interlocked. They separated and Lilith sat next to Johanna. The younger girl had shaved her head and Lilith snickered as a thought popped into her mind.

"What?"

"You look like an egg," Lilith giggled. Johanna's eyes narrowed as she looked across the table at Finnick and then back to Lilith who was staring at her head with a dopey smile on her face.

"You're giggling. You never giggle," Lilith shrugged, "Oh my god!" Johanna realised.

"What?"

"You and the fish boy did the dirty," Johanna whispered in her ear.

Lilith rolled her eyes playfully, "Shut up. We're getting married."

"Wait really?" Johanna asked. Lilith nodded and Johanna cheered going into the kitchen and coming back out with a bottle of wine. Lilith laughed as Johanna poured it into everyone's cup.

"To Finnick and Lilith," Jackson cheered.