4 | Cat Models Make Great Gifts

Ryou had finished getting dressed, and was waiting for Marikuu. Marikuu claimed that he had a motorcycle and that the two could go to the bookstore by that, so Ryou sat excitedly. He had never gone on a motorcycle, and unlike his brother, Bakura, he didn't fear them. In fact, he had always wanted a motorcycle, but their father always declined; mostly because of Bakura's fear of them. Bakura wasn't scared of motorcycles by themselves, but he was moreover scared of riding on one. Marik rode a motorcycle with him once, and Bakura couldn't stop clinging onto Marik the entire time. 
     Ryou looked out his window, and was greeted with Marikuu, on a neon purple motorcycle. It definitely belonged to Marik. Ryou ran out of his room and down the stairs of their apartment. Marikuu looked from his phone to Ryou. "Nerdy outfit. Suits you and the place we'll be heading." he said with a cocky grin, as he rested his head on his fist. Ryou rolled his eyes, but knew that his comment made his heart a flame. Ryou's outfit was simple--but nerdy as Marikuu stated. He wore a plain white T-shirt with faded black stripes on it, covered by a large beige, green, and blue cardigan with sweatpants. His shoes were white sneakers, and his hair was fluffier as ever.
     The boy walked over to the bright motorcycle, and sat behind Marikuu, his arms free. Marikuu looked over to him, his helmet on but his visors up. "You.. might wanna hold on, fluff." Marikuu warned. Ryou looked back. "I'll be fine, you're not gonna be driving that fast." Marikuu looked at him with a smirk, and flicked his visors on. "Whatever you say." He revved up the engine as a final warning, and began to zoom off into the dimmed streets. Ryou yelped, and practically squeezed onto Marikuu.

Badump. Badump. Badump.
Cut it out.
Marikuu thought.

     Marikuu let out an evil cackle. He yelled loud enough so Ryou could hear, "I told you dumbass!" Ryou mocked him. "HA HA, VERY FUNNY YOU WANKER!" Marikuu burst out laughing, revving the motorcycle even more (probably just to scare Ryou more.)
     As they zoomed through the streets for a longer time, Ryou had finally gotten used to it, and relaxed his body, still having his arms wrapped around Marikuu's waist. Being this close together.. why does it make me so red? Marikuu cursed himself. I'm not gay, so why the hell is he making my heart so weak? Ryou interrupted his mind questions, trying to start a conversation. "I'm assuming this belongs to your brother, so how do you know how to ride it?" Marikuu gave a sarcastic laugh. "Just because you don't have an item doesn't mean you wouldn't know how to use it. For a nerd, you're pretty dumb." Ryou frowned.

"You're lucky you're wearing visors and driving, otherwise I'd show you what god looks like." 

;;

     The two boys wandered around the bookstore, one being familiar with all of it, and the other being as clueless as a brick. Ryou practically skipped around all the book aisles, while Marikuu just followed him around, not having a clue on why he was so happy. Ryou grabbed a brown book with what seemed to look like a prince and princess on the front, and Marikuu couldn't read the title from his angle. A basic prince charming saves the girl kind of story. Marikuu gagged. Ryou jogged over to Marikuu, flipping through the pages and trying to give a small summary from what he just read. Marikuu couldn't help but smile. Ryou was weird. No doubts about that, but that was what Marikuu liked about him. That was the one thing that held Marikuu so addicted to whatever this was between them. They've only known each other for two days, yet, Marikuu didn't wanna leave. Ryou wasn't like everyone else. Unlike Ryou, everyone always stayed being afraid of him, so they stayed away. But Ryou was only afraid of him for so long before having the thought of trying to befriend him.
     Marikuu didn't realize how long he was stuck in a tomb of thoughts, until Ryou brought down the fateful question, "Hey, anyone home? Were you listening?" Marikuu shook his head rapidly, getting out of his daydreaming. "I'll be honest, I was too busy thinking." Marikuu answered. Ryou looked back to the book, reading more of the paragraph he was on. "Hm? Thinking about what?" Marikuu felt his face go red. Ra, was he thankful the white haired nerd was too busy reading a corny book. "Things that an asshole would think of." Ryou laughed softly. "But as I was saying before you began to daydream, I was talking about how I wanted to buy this. It seems to have an interesting plot." Ryou looked up to Marikuu at the end of his sentence, and noticed his red face. "Are you alright?" he questioned in concern. "You look as if you've caught a cold, is it that chilly?" Marikuu choked on his words, which was new. "Yeah I just, saw a book over there that was pretty suggestive, if you ask me." Ryou looked puzzled. He shrugged. "Okay.. well, if there's any book that catches your eye, just come grab me. I'll be paying for everything this time." Marikuu stammered an 'alright', and practically ran out of that scene into another aisle as quick as he could. 
     Marikuu put a hand over his chest. His heart was beating rapidly, and as far as he was concerned, his face was probably even redder now. He just needed to calm down. But how could he do that? He looked back and forth, in hopes for something that would relieve him, until he found it. 
That was it.
The cat mini figures on the table, along with many other purchasable items that didn't interest Marikuu.
     Marikuu jogged over to the table, and looked at the cat mini figures for a while. He wanted to know which one he truly wanted: the ginger cat, or the black cat. Considering that they were both a dollar, he grabbed both and began to walk away from the table. But then, he stopped himself. He looked and walked back to the table for a minute. There was a white cat with pretty chocolate brown eyes. Just like Ryou. It clicked.
     Marikuu grabbed the white cat figurine, and walked his way back to Ryou. Ryou seemed to have his nose in another book again. Its cover was a rectangular gray castle, and the sky above it was yellow and orange. In pure white text on the bottom it said, "The Little Stranger." (This time, Marikuu could actually read the title.) Once Marikuu was done observing, he tapped Ryou on the shoulder. Ryou looked to him. Marikuu held out the precious ginger and black kitty models for Ryou to see, refusing to make eye contact. Ryou wasn't surprised at all. He smiled. "Cat figures.. how much are they?" "A dollar.." Marikuu mumbled. "I don't see why we shouldn't get them." Ryou softly tried to take them from Marikuu's large hands, but Marikuu snatched them back. "No.. no I wanna hold them." Marikuu could tell Ryou obviously tried to hold back laughter from that comment. "Alright. I'll still be here." Marikuu tried to walk back into another aisle, but then he realized
Shit! The white cat!
     Marikuu speed walked back to Ryou and tapped him again. Ryou looked behind him to be welcomed by the large man holding a cat figure again, and he laughed softly. "Another one?" Ryou asked. Marikuu nodded, but talked afterwards. "Yes, but I don't want this one." Ryou gave Marikuu a confused expression. "Then why did you-" the wires were put together in Ryou's head. He couldn't help the rosy pink hue to spread across his cheeks. Marikuu was giving the white kitty model to him. Ryou smiled, and took it from Marikuu's hand (and this time, he let Ryou take it.) "Thank you. It's a nice gift." Ryou looked at the figure more observantly, and realized that Marikuu gave him this one most likely because it looked almost exactly like him. The cat was white, and seemed to be fluffy. And its eyes were a lovely coco brown, along with how its eyes were very big and full of wonder. Ryou smiled even more, and the blush grew. Ryou looked up to thank Marikuu again, but Marikuu was nowhere in sight.

Ryou let out a soft, and genuine laugh.

----------------------------

A/N
I'm sorry this one took so long!! I've been busy with school and family as of late, and have been going through some personal things of my own. I hope this chapter doesn't seem too half-assed or as if its a filler, unlike the others I just typed down what immediately showed up in my head.
Nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed!

(1481 words)