Chapter Eleven: Results

Cianni

Today is the day that we're going to the doctor's office to get tested. IJ thought that we should go on Maury, but with all of the celebrities in our family, I thought that would be dumb.

The thing is, IK that Roc is our dad. And that saddens me.

It hurts to know that the guy that had us and is stuck with us doesn't want anything to do with this family.

IJ's taking it way worse than me, because he used to idolize our father. Mom would tuck us into bed and we'd make her tell us stories of how they met and their memories together. IJ would act the way Momma said that Roc did in all of the stories. He'd watch old MB videos, and try to rap, too.

But then, he did it less and less. The stories were told with less enthusiasm and more detachment. She started to shut us out, and the two of them started to cry themselves to sleep at night. They thought that I didn't know, but I did.

I guess, that's where Aubrey came in. She lost both of her parents when she was young, and lives with her grandma now. I guess she comforts IJ.

Don't get me wrong, this all hurt me, too.

The thing is, I've always wanted a dad. Someone to be there for me, to take pics of me at prom and walk me down the aisle... It hurts even more to know that he's been alive this whole time, and not even been there for our most important childhood moments.

When Sanaa bugs August for attention, it hurts even more because IK that she feels the same way as me. But, at the same time, she has no idea how I feel.

Roc

"IDEK why you're humoring that bitch," Bahja huffed into the phone on the other end. "We all know that them kids ain't yours."

"Yea, IK bae." I answered, laying out Christian's clothes for the day.(Above) "I just need to see for myself."

She sighed, and I could tell that she was rolling her eyes.

"Bay? You still there?" I asked, knowing that she was.

"Yea. Let's change the subject."

She's at some mandatory business trip for the OMG Girlz in ATL. She's in her hotel room now, talking to me while Christian's in the shower.

"Aight, wassup?" I asked, placing his shoes on the floor next to the bed.

"OMG broke up." she said, calmly.

"WHAT?" I asked. I did not see that coming. "Why? What happened?"

"A lot of bullshit," she muttered, and I stood there, in shock. All of our groups, failing. "Bre's pregnant, Zo's pissy about some ex of hers... all of the hormones are annoying asab!"

That's a whole fact.

"Besides, we've lost mad fans, anyway." Bahja said, and I muttered in agreement. "Everyone's growing up."

Then, I heard a door creak. "Ayyo, Pops!"

I smirked, then said "Lemme call you back, Bay."

"Aight, tell my angel that I said I love him," she cooed.

After we both hung up, I tossed my phone onto the bed, and walked towards the bathroom. I saw Christian with his head sticking out the door.

"Yea?" I asked.

"Can you help a nigga out, blood?" he asked, shaking his head. "I forgot my damn towel."

I laughed. I guess that's my fault for bringing him around my friends. "Yea, I got you... And, uh, don't say Damn."