The aftermath

"See she doesn't look nearly as bad as you thought." A familiar voice spoke.

"Yes that makes me feel loads better Sirius..." She instantly recognized Remus' voice she could feel herself starting to wake up.

"You hardly touched her Remus most of this was done by Snape and the willow." She stirred as James spoke and knew Peter must be in their presence as well.

"Y-yeah Madame Pomfrey did say the cut on her back was way deeper then the ones on her side." Peter mumbled as the click of something was set on the table beside her.

"I know but...." This time she slowly opened her eyes her vision was slightly blurred before in finally focused in on the light fixture above her.

"But I'm fine so there's no need to worry." She said her voice was slightly rough and dry. As she tried to sit up Remus jumped up and placed his hand on her shoulder and the other on her lower back. The rest of them chuckled as Collin looked up at him giving a gentle smile. He looked tired and stressed out there were a few scratches on his neck and one on his forehead.

"I'm afraid it's a little late for that dear." He said as he sat on the bed beside her on the bed and gently grabbed her hand. She blushed at the nickname and lightly squeezed his hand. The boys quickly said their goodbyes and left the two alone.

"You shouldn't have gone after Severus. I could have seriously hurt you or worse...I could have changed you." He said as he brushed her hair away from her face.

"I didn't know what he'd do if he found out...besides you hates you guys. I bet people have been giving you a hard time..." She trailed off and looked down Remus gently cupped her cheeks and shook his head.

"No he didn't say anything at all actually he told everyone that you just got to close the to whomping willow." He explained his gentle eyes taking in her features for the millionth time. She looked up at him with surprise she opened her mouth to speak but closed it uncertain why he'd cover for him.

"I know I'm just as surprised but I definitely won't complain." He said and kissed her forehead. Someone cleared their throat both of them jumped and looked up at Madame Pomfrey.

"Mister Lupin get off the bed I need to check her." She said firmly he quickly leaped to his feet and backed away. While she looked at her checking and changing bandages.

As she looked her over Remus stood behind the curtain pacing nervously. He knew that scratches he left of her wouldn't heal properly and would certainly leave a scar even if they weren't deep. A few minutes later the curtain opened up Collin was standing she was wearing the clothes from yesterday only they'd been mended and washed of blood and dirt. Madame Pomfrey looked over to Remus and patted his shoulder.

"She should be just fine just a few nasty cuts nothing I couldn't handle." She said before whispering to him again.

"Just be more careful." She slowly passed him and made her way towards the door. Remus looked down and stared at his hands for a moment frowning. He could feel Collin looking at him but couldn't bare to look at her. He stared at hands he'd scrubbed at them so much when he'd changed back the red patches of irritation could be seen easily against his fair complexion.

She looked up at him and stepped closer quietly. She knew he probably felt terrible for what had happened she noticed the red spots and gently slipped her cool hands into his. She gently squeezed them before sliding her hands up his wrist then the arms before pulling him into a tight hug. He chuckled slightly before wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close to him. He buried his face into her hair he was tall compared to her, she stood on her tip toes.