Chapter Four -- 🥧🔮

I believe Wilbur failed to mention where the Pledge is being taken this morning.---

---So I guess it's a good thing that there's a crowd going this way.

I follow the bits and pieces of people from L'Manberg into what seems to be a townsquare--- With a druggie-van parked in the middle of the cobblestone plaza? What?

I feel a hand grasp my arm, pulling me away from the main crowd. I let out a yelp, as I am pulled aside, being yoinked into a woman's arms. I look at her closely-- she looks familiar but not enough to recognize. Behind her are more people, and all of us are dressed in the L'Manberg uniform.

"Yep!" A face-- I recognize him to be Tubbo-- lights up on the woman's side, bouncing on his feet, "That's her!!"

I wave awkwardly, shrinking slightly in posture as my hand floats back and forth. The woman jumps forward, taking my hand and shooting me a wide, excited grin.

"It's so nice to finally have another female in the team!! I'm Niki, nice to meet you!"

I nod, fixing our hands position to shake hers, "Pleased to meet you," I say shyly, "My name's To-Fi,"

Niki giggles, "Reminds me of that chill bop music-- Lo-fi."

"Huh, you'd be surprised how much I hear that," I tease.

Niki gives a solid nod, changing the subject back to my arrival,

"Either way, I'm super happy to have you in L'Manberg!!!"

"Yeah, me too!"

She motions to the five people behind her, pointing to Fundy and Tommy first, "You've already met them," She moves her finger to Tubbo, "And I know that you two have worked together before, too,"

I confirm this, smiling at Tubbo and bidding him a hello. He waves his arm in a fast, blurry motion, returning my greeting.

Niki points to a male with red and blue 3-D glasses. His hair is messy, but most of it is hidden under his uniform hat.

... I didn't get a hat.

I bid him a polite 'how-do-you-do', and he bows his head in equal response. Good to have you here," He marks, smirking at me.

Niki moves on to the last person-- a male with tufted hair-- but his skin torn from two colors down the middle of his body. Black and white, best of both worlds, and his eye color differs as well. His right eye is an ender green, while the other is completely faded white, shrouded in a pigmen-red color. It's hypnotic, but staring is rude, and mama didn't raise no bitch.

I stick out my hand to the very tall male, offering a smile,

"That's Ran'boo," Niki introduces, folding her arms behind her back.

Ran'boo takes me hand--- having to hunch down a bit for my height-- and we shake on the introduction.

"Hi," Is all he says.

I respect that, not going to lie.

Fundy steps forward, placing a hand on my arm, meeting my gaze.

"Wilbur's setting up his speech, last minute, in the van. When he's ready, he'll climb onto the van roof and help you up-- give his speech, you'll take the pledge, and we'll all go about our days."

I blink, slowly bobbing my head down, "Yes."

"That made sense, didn't it?" Fundy checks, looking over at Tubbo.

Tubbo shrugs, "I don't know, I was not ... listening."

Tommy rolls his eyes, speaking up on another matter.