Untitled

A/N: I hope you don't find this too awkward. I had a bit of fun writing this, I don't know whether it takes place in the musical or the book, it's a universe in between. I put mild references to both, though I only read the first few pages and Boq's section of the book. I do not own Wicked, if I did, you know I wouldn't be writing fan fiction about it. Also, there is not really any creepiness here, they both stay fully clothed, in case you were wondering. There, now that that's out of the way, read on!

Galinda looked out through the window, hoping to spot Fiyero, the boy she loved, even though she knew he wouldn’t be walking about in the open. She tried to envision him lounging under a tree, or maybe even gazing out his window thinking of her. She smiled at the thought, but the smile easily faded as she heard her less-popular roommate, Elphaba, walk up behind her. Her roommate had been somewhat of an annoyance early on, but they had grown to be something similar to friends, though not quite as close as her other friends. In fact, Galinda kind of pitied the girl, since she was green-skinned and had no friends. On one occasion, she had attempted to make her popular, but the poor girl somehow managed to mess up even that.

She turned to walk away, and was surprised to find Elphaba standing so close behind her. The green girl usually stayed at least a foot away, but they were mere inches apart. Galinda suddenly felt a strange feeling, but pushed it down and mumbled an apology before stepping around her roommate and walking to her bed. If any of her real friends saw her in this state, apologising to the green girl, she would immediately be pushed out of their circle. She composed herself quickly, and mentally promised it would never happen again.

She glided to her closet and pulled it open. There was a high chance she would see Fiyero again the next day, and she wanted to look her best. Galinda narrowed her choices down to two dresses, one pink, and one blue. While she was attempting to decide between them, she heard Elphie, as she sometimes called Elphaba, go over to her own closet and sink within. She had never been able to understand why the green girl changed her clothes inside the closet, since it was unbearably cramped, but went along with it anyway. She assumed it was because Elphaba did not have as wide a selection of clothes in her closet as she did, and simply had more room to change. While Elphaba was occupied doing whatever it was she was doing inside her closet, Galinda stripped and changed into her nightgown. Ordinarily, she would have walked to the bathroom to change her dresses while Elphaba read some book or another, but since her roommate wasn’t technically in the same room, she took the opportunity.

She heard Elphaba emerge from the closet, and picked up the blue dress and the pink dress. She turned and asked Elphaba which she should wear, even though the green girl had absolutely no fashion sense.

“The blue one,” was the reply from the girl, who was now wearing her own nightclothes.

Maybe I should choose the pink one, then… was Galinda’s immediate thought. But then she decided she should trust her roommate for once and set it out to put on the next day. When she walked back to her bed to go to sleep, she saw that Elphaba had a triumphant smirk on her face.

“What’s making you so happy?”

“Just the fact that you, for once decided to listen to me, instead of flying off the handle like you always do whenever I make a suggestion.”

“Well, you make your ‘suggestions’ in a rather rude manner!”

Elphaba only rolled her eyes in response.

Her roommate was already lounging on her bed, book in hand.

“And can you turn off that light soon, I need my beauty sleep!”

“Trust me; no amount of beauty sleep will help you.”

“What did you say?”

“Nothing, just turning off the light,” the green girl set her book down and turned out the light.