A Detainment Plan

You woke up the following day getting ready to meet with Ryuzaki. You were going to skip school today, so you could meet with him at eleven. If you weren't going to go to school for all of your classes, then you decided you weren't going to go for any of them. You got to sleep in later than usual, too, which was nice. You grabbed a shoulder bag and put your laptop inside with a few pencils and paper. You ate a piece of toast for breakfast and checked your phone. You had three missed calls from Light and five text messages. You opened your phone and called Light back.

   " Hello? "

   " Hey, Light. You called me a lot and left me a few messages. What's up? "

   " I was worried. I didn't see you in school and when you weren't picking up my calls. I was going to come to check up on you during lunch if they allowed me to. "

   " I'm fine, Light. I just didn't go to school today. I've got some business that needs to be taken care of and I can't go to school because of it. It overlaps. "

   " You do know the exam is four days away. "

   " I do, but I can't get out of this meeting. I'll be fine missing one day of school. "

   " What is the meeting over? "

   " Business. Plans for the future, those kinds of things. I need to get going. I've gotta catch a bus and start heading there. And don't worry about me so much. I'm big and strong and I can handle myself, light bulb. "

   " I care for you, too much. "

   " That's the understatement of the year. I'll talk to you later Light. "

   " Alright, have a good day, Y/n. "

You hung up the phone with Light and left your apartment, locking the door. You walked outside of the building and went to the closest bus stop. You took the bus to Ryuzaki's hotel and walked up the stairs to his suite room. You knocked on the door and waited for his response.

   " Come in, the door's open. "

You opened the door and stepped inside the suite. You shut the door behind you and locked it. Ryuzaki was sitting on the one-seater sofa drinking a coffee with a bowl of sugar cubs beside the teacup. 

   " You should really lock the door, Ryuzaki. "

   " Hm, it is what it will be. "

   " It will be unlocked and someone could come in here. "

Ryuzkai just shrugged his shoulders, and he turned his head towards you.

   " Please come and sit. Would you like any coffee, tea? "

   " No thank you. I just would like to know why you called me here when I have school today and the entrance exams are four days away. "

You walked further into the suite and sat down on the couch that faced the living room doorway but had its back to the window. You slipped your shoulder bag off and set it beside your legs, and you looked at Ryuzaki waiting for answers.

   " Y/n, I believe that you are in danger. "

With that one sentence, you felt yourself sit straighter, and your shoulders stiffen.

   " How so? " You asked.

   " One thing you missed in a meeting while you were at school was that I had installed cameras in the Yagami and Kitamura household. I believe that Kira is among these two households, and I'm sure you saw the program that went live yesterday. "

   " Yes, I did. So. . .while I was at the Yagami household last night, you were watching me? "

   " Yes, I was. Hence why I called you. I have reason to believe that your life is in danger. You have made contact with one of the suspects that I believe is Kira. And with the treatment they were showing you, I'm afraid for your life. "

   " You think Light is Kira? "

   " Yes, I do. "

   " I can understand why, but at the same time was there something that caused you to think that he was Kira while you were watching us yesterday? "

   " Yes, you see I noticed on the cameras that he was acting very affectionate towards you. Almost as if he wasn't going to see you for a very long time, or that he knew something was going to happen to you. Most friends would get mad at the other if they were in this investigation and be angry at them. Others would be sad and tell them to be careful and leave it at that one warning. But Light Yagami has taken it a step further. When you talk about the investigation with him he always asks you to leave the team. When you two are alone he asks for you to leave the Kira investigation. More times than what is expected. And yesterday he treated you like you were going to go away for a long time, or like he would never see you again. "

   " . . . "

   " I have reason to believe that if my theory is correct and Light Yagami is Kira, then you very well could be in danger, Y/n. Light Yagami knows your name and face, which is giving us the disadvantage, but. . ."

   " But? "

   " But I want to know your thoughts about staying away from Yagami for a certain amount of time. "

   " That's a little preposterous. We go to school together, we're going to the same college, we're. . .best friends. . . We spend a lot of time together. Staying away from him isn't really an option if he is Kira. He knows my name and my face so he could kill me at any time if he wanted to. I think that if he kills me, then there's nothing I can really do-"

   " Y/n, do not tell me that there is nothing you can do. "

Ryuzaki's stern tone made your eyes connect with his. He looked up at you, and his eyes were solid.

   " I will do what I can to protect you. Even if Kira does know your name and face, I will still try and keep you safe. "

All was quiet in the room, and Ryuzaki's cup was sat on the coffee table on the small plate. You could hear the birds chirping outside, and the noise filled the room. 

   " We see each other too often. And Light knows where I live. Going a certain time without seeing him is impossible. He would call and check up on me and burst through my door if I didn't talk with him. "

   " Then you can stay with me in the suite. Watari will go and pick up your school work and I will help you study. Your phone will be taken by Mr. Yagami and shown to Light. He will tell Light that you have been detained and must not have any contact with anyone until your detainment is over with. Unless you need your phone to contact your parents or someone else. "

   " I don't. "

   " So, do you agree? "

   " I get to sleep in so, I guess. It's for the betterment of the investigation and we can observe how he acts without me around. "

   " Alright, Watari will drive you to your apartment and you can gather your things. Thank you for cooperating. "

   " Thank you for worrying. "

You left Ryuzaki to think inside the suite while Watari walked with you to the limo outside, waiting for you two. When you sat in the car, Watari started driving to your apartment building.

   " You know, it's not often Ryuzaki will act out of emotion. Especially with someone around. "

   " Are you saying he trusts me? "

   " Not entirely, but I think he's showing that he cares for you more than you think, my lady. "