3- Home

Enjoy :)

So tell me what you want to hear
Something that will light those ears
I'm sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away
~*~
MARIANNE SOLACE
————————————

"I'm telling you! He just walked up to me like nothing!"

Kylie practically yells as we walk back home from school. After I left for class, Luke came up to her and asked her if she was okay.

"I mean, isn't it the logical thing to do?" I ask her, glancing at her surprised face.

"No shit it isn't! I'm just shocked because of how an over-the-top popular boy could ask me if I was okay. I mean, I did have some bad stomach pain." Kylie blurts, tapping at her chin. I make a face at her only for her to mimic me and I frown.

As Kylie continues to blabber on and on about her experience, we reach her house and stop at her driveway just as she finished her talking. Her house wasn't one of those huge ones. It was simply a two-story beige house, a simple driveway, and two cars. The front door flies open and her dog, Charlie runs out, pouncing on me and I fall backward, my bottom landing hard on the ground as I wince slightly. She licks me all over my face and I make a face in disgust before laughing immediately. She jumps off of me, running up to Kylie and setting her front legs on Kylie's thighs, sticking her tongue out while trying to catch her breath.

Kylie smiles at me as Charlie runs inside along with Kylie, but before the door closes, Kylie pops her head out.

"Bye, Marianne, I'll see you soon." She says before closing the door and I wave slightly, putting on a half-smile. I turn around and start to begin my short walk back home.

"Hi, Marianne! Come in here real quick!" I hear my mom call out to me as I push open the door and walk towards the sound of her voice. I reach the kitchen and my mom is reading some sort of paper as she smiles widely. She looks up at me and her grin only grows as she comes up to me and engulfs me in a tight hug while I struggle against her. She finally lets me go and thrusts the paper into my hands, crumpling it in the process. I slightly narrow my eyes and read it carefully, examining every detail.

I read over one specific line, surprised.

Girls Cheerleading

"What are you saying, mom?" I take a glance at her before looking back down at the paper. Some sort of feeling bubbles in me like soda, tickling my insides.

"You should do cheerleading, Marianne!" She squeals, clapping her hands together quickly. My stomach churns and twists at the thought.

"Mom- I don't think I should. You know I'm not that type of girl.." I mutter softly, my brows knitting together. My mom frowns sadly at me, placing her hand on my shoulder as I shift my eyes towards her.

"Oh, Marianne. I'm not forcing you, it was only a suggestion but if you don't feel right applying, no worries. Maybe next time." She says, smiling.

~*~
Monday Evening, 6:55 pm.

"No, you don't understand!" Calithea almost yells. Her voice practically echoes throughout our surroundings. We've been in Cali's backyard with Kylie as we frown at her. The food we cooked is almost finished but just enough left for all of us to take two portions. Kylie facepalms, sighing loudly.

"Cali, you ate most of the food, it's not fair for you to finish everything." Kylie facepalms, sighing loudly. Cali only frowns, making a small sound. I laugh quietly and Cali sends me a glare, crossing her arms at me as I immediately shut up. Kylie's dog runs around the yard with Cali's puppy, barking at each other and tackling one another. Cali's puppy, Artemis, but we call him Artie, runs up to us as Cali throws a dog biscuit towards him, and right as Artie makes a jump for it, Charlie snatches it into her mouth, holding it between her teeth and running away as Artie barks, running after her. I look over my shoulder and laugh quietly, smiling at their funny behavior.

"Can we go shopping? My closet is so empty." I groan, throwing my head back as the two girls whip their heads towards me. Cali frowns, raising a brow while Kylie only blinks at me.

"My closet is so empty," Kylie mocks in a high-pitched tone, her mouth in a weird way. I roll my eyes at her, annoyed.

"Shut the hell up, we all know your closet has more than two-million clothes in there." Kylie deadpans, pointing her finger at me as I give her an annoyed look.

"We can go over the weekend, it's still like the beginning of the week. Aren't you tired?" Cali asks, turning her head to look at me. Her red hair flows smoothly in the wind, her brown hazel eyes, glimmering. Kylie stands up to go chase after her dogs, using her baby voice. I scoot closer to Cali's side, laying my head across her lap as she looks down at me and I laugh a little because of her under view.

Charlie runs over to us with a ball in her mouth, bringing some grass and dirt along with her, almost walking over my face as I immediately sit up, spitting and coughing. I stand up, taking the ball out of her mouth and throwing it as she quickly runs after it.

Kylie jogs back over, plopping down and laughing as Cali just smiles. The sky is beginning to fade, turning a darker blue as stars start to appear more visible in the sky. It was now eight pm, almost nine.

She lays back, her hair sprawled out onto the thin blanket, Kylie doing the same as they both look up to the slightly dark sky, a few faint stars, glittering softly into the almost over day. I stare at them, making a straight face as my brows furrow.

"You guys suck."

fin

And that's it! Sorry, it took so long, I get way too distracted sometimes but I'll try and update regularly instead of every month or something.

-Chlxriiss.