i. heavy eyes

heavy eyes;❛ champagne problems ❜❝ I, uh, only need to check off one more thing and then I'm officially supposed to get expelled ❞

heavy eyes;
❛ champagne problems ❜
❝ I, uh, only need to check off one more thing and then I'm officially supposed to get expelled ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Freddie McClair and Isaac Starling have been Chiara's best friends for as long as she could remember. Her mom and Freddie's mom were best friends once upon a time and somehow ended up being roommates in their university with Isaac's mom. That was how the two of them ended up befriending each other in primary school. A few years later, during secondary school, after Freddie's mom died and Chiara's left, the trio fell into the company of James Cook.

And to say that he was a bad influence on all of them would be the understatement of the century.

However, Chiara still loved all three of them (plus JJ, because he was an absolute sweetheart) and despite that, she still hated whenever Freddie was late.

It was their first day of college and, after messing with the papers, they managed to all get into the same grade. They were supposed to meet in front of the fast food truck next to the college but even after Chiara drank almost three cups of beer, Freddie still wasn't there.

Cook groaned in annoyance, clearly getting tired of waiting too so he grabbed his phone from his pocket and started texting Freddie.

Chiara looked over his shoulder to see what he was writing, shamelessly snorting under her breath when she read the message.

captain cook:
Sparking us last spliff

While he wrote, he pulled out the spliff and instead of smoking it himself, he passed it to Chiara who took it with a small smirk on her lips. She grabbed her lighter and lit it up. Then, they sipped their drinks and passed the spliff around the table.

Five minutes, Chiara cringed at the lack of buzz it gave her. James' stuff was always shit.

"McClair!" Isaac called, looking behind her at their best friend.

Both Chiara, Cook and JJ snapped their heads around to see Freddie standing in front of a pickup truck with wide eyes and his skateboard in his hand. Isaac's voice seemed to snap him out of his short daze because he shook his head and then jogged up to them.

"This stuff is fucking rubbish, just so you know." Chiara informed him with a scowl and a deadpan glare the second he came close enough to hear her.

Freddie glared at her but an amused grin still tugged at his lips, "Stop stealing my fucking spliff!" He turned away from her and threw a wink at the three guys next to her, "Morning, gents, you thieving bastards."