Chapter 3: Prince?!?

(Dean’s POV)

“Cool.” Dean crossed his arms and glanced out the side of the carriage. “This will be fun.” When he looked back at Cas he was staring at Dean. After a brief moment of staring they both turned away.

Dean was surprised how large Cas’ house actually was. “Wow.” Dean gazed at it as he exited the carriage. “Cas your house is amazing.”

“It’s not mine.” Cas corrected. “It’s Metatrons.”

“Metatron?” Dean echoed. “Who’s that?”

“My Stepfather.”

“Oh.”

When they entered the house Dean could hear multiple people arguing about something. “Who’s-” Dean was cut off by a voice.

“Where’s Castiel!?”

“He’s supposed to be furnishing the house!”

“There you are!” A man came and gripped Castiel by his arm. “What took you so long!? And who’s he-”

“I’m Prince Dean.” Dean introduced himself.

“Oh-oh your majesty.” Metatron bowed followed by what looked like Cas’ step siblings. “Castiel!” Metatron hissed. “Bow!”

“He doesn’t need to..” Dean scratched the back of his head. “Anyways, I came to help furnish the house.” Dean politely grinned.

“Castiel!” Metatron yelled. “The Prince can’t do your chores!”

“U-uh..” Cas stared at the ground.

“I wanted to help!” Dean argued. “Don’t get mad at him!”

“Maybe you should go Dean…” Cas suggested sadly.

“No way!” Dean turned to him. “I want to help now let me!” He ordered.

“Yes, Prince Dean.” Cas watched as his step-brothers rushed off with Metatron to make themselves look presentable.

“Don’t call me that, Cas.” Dean mumbled.

“Everyone else does.” Cas argued.

“Yeah, but not you.”

“What makes me so special?” Cas seemed to really believe he wasn’t anything special.

“I-” Dean was interrupted by Metatron coming back out and offering a drink to him.

Dean looked back at Cas, but he was heading out to get the furniture. Dean sighed. “No thanks.” He told Metatron.

“Cas!” Dean called after Castiel.

“Dean.” Castiel didn’t even turn. “...Is this okay?”

“What?” Dean asked, confused. “Is what okay?”

“This. You’re a prince. "What does that mean?" Dean crossed his arms.

"Someone like me shouldn't even be within 100 yards of someone like you." Cas sighed.

"Well, what's 'someone like you'?"

"I'm... I'm nothing." Cas turned to Dean, looking like he was going to cry.

"Don't say that!"

"You don't even know me, Dean!" Cas snapped. Dean realized that was true. He didn't know Castiel at all. Yet, for some reason, it felt like he'd known him forever. Which spurred him to say what was coming next.