Chapter 50 - A New Beginning

Daemon POV

The rest of the day and night was spent laying in bed with Matias, not really talking but also not in complete silence. It was comfortable, just being here in his arms and not having to worry about anything. Not having to worry about my mother anymore or those doctors. I knew there would forever be danger in my life, and we would never truly be safe, but for right now I was safe. I was finally free from any evil clutches and safe in the arms of my mate in our home.

Goddess, I could not be happier.

I don't remember when we fell asleep, but I woke up to kisses being trailed up and down my neck, soft little touches to my waist and stomach, feelings of love and devotion pouring into the bond.

I didn't open my eyes, instead let my hands slowly drift to his head, threading them through his steadily growing hair. He hummed, nuzzling into my neck and placing one last soft kiss. We lay like that for a few minutes, just enjoying each other's scent and presence, him never moving his head from the spot in my neck, and me not removing my hands from his hair.

"Good morning, love," he mumbled against my neck after another few minutes. I opened my eyes, looking down at him as he pulled away and propped himself up over me. I smiled, leaning up and pressing a quick kiss to his lips, before flopping back down on the bed.

"Good morning," I replied, my eyes darting around his face before they met his dark eyes. Dark eyes that swirled with so much love and gentleness, so much desire and happiness. And I knew I felt the same way.

"I love waking up like this," He replied, not breaking eye contact. We both smiled, and he slowly let himself lower back onto me, his lips connecting with mine in a passionate, but sweet kiss.

It only lasted a few seconds though, before our door was so rudely slammed open, and a little body came rushing forward in a blur. We barely had time to react before said small body was crashing into us, knocking Matias off me with an audible "oof".

I barked out a laugh as Jamie settling himself on top of me, Matias looking dazed from his new position next to me.

"Hi Daemon!" Jamie shouted, right in my face, his expression lit up with that childish joy only a kid could have. I smiled widely up at him, reaching a hand up and ruffling his hair.

"Hi, Jamie. How are you this morning?" I asked as he ducked away from my hand. Jamie's smile never faltered as he drummed his hands against my chest, Matias watching with amusement written all over his face.

"I-I-I'm great! We should go - we should go play!" Jamie shouted, bouncing on my stomach slightly. I laughed softly, placing my hands on his small hips and shifting him off of me and over my Matias.

"We will go out and play in a few minutes, how about that? Matias and I have to get ready for the day first. Did you do all your morning things, Jamie?" I asked and Matias pulled a squirmy Jamie onto his chest. Jaime nodded and started giggling as Matas let his fingers start to tickle the poor boy. I rolled my eyes as giggles quickly turned into full-fledged laughing screams. Shaking my head, I slid off the bed quietly and walked over to the bathroom. I grabbed a set of clothes on the way, and changed in the bathroom, along with brushing my teeth and combing through my hair.

when I exited the bathroom, done with all my morning stuff, the room was quiet and Matias and Jamie were gone. I knew they were still in the room though because their scents were still very strong. I rolled my eyes as I stepped into the room, glancing around for any sign of the two boys. I could tell they weren't under the covers, because I would obviously see the two human-shaped lumps. They weren't hiding behind the curtains because obviously, human-shaped lumps.