Chapter 11| Part 1

Chapter 11|  Part 1

Next morning came to quickly for my liking. I’m to tired to even open my eyes. I can feel the sun slipping through my curtains and heat hitting my skin. I slept with my covers, I was going through a massive heat flash last night. I barely slept because of it.

I sat up on the edge of my bed and waited for my body and mind to wake up. I checked on my nightstand and saw that it was almost 11 in the afternoon leaving me literally an hour left before Cameron come’s to get me!

“Ugh!” I groaned to myself.

“I swear you’re going to be the death of me.” I mumbled to my belly.

Seriously, ever since I had a baby growing in me, I have been haywire.

Just as I finished brushing my teeth and washing my face, I received a text from Cameron saying he was going to be at my place soon which made me get butterflies all over my body. I quickly shook off the feeling and finished getting ready before Cameron comes.

After I was washed and dried off, I wrapped myself in a towel and made my way to my closet and looked through all my clothes, finding nothing decent to wear.

I didn’t want to look to flirty giving off the wrong impression and I surely didn’t want to look to boring because, well I still want to look nice, for myself.

A soft knock came at my door.

“Yes?” I yelled, since I’m in my closet I can’t see who’s knocking.

“Are you decent?” I heard my mother say.

I pulled out a soft pink shirt from the hanger it was on and put over my head to wear, quickly tossing on my black shorts.

“Yes, I am now.” I said after a few seconds.

I walked out my closet and saw my mother standing by my door, with a sad smile.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

“I was looking through old pictures,” She said pointing behind her. “And, I thought I should come here and,” She was stuttering.

I didn’t know what to do but stare at her as she crossed her arms and looked as though she had gotten bad new or something.

“And just notice how much you have grown from the time I had you until now. And now I’m going to be a grandmother.” She began to cry. “I’m going to be a grandmother at 37 and I just want you to have better than what I did while raising you. I don’t want you to suffer Destiny, I don’t know if it was me or if it was your father, but,”

“Mom, no one is going to suffer.” I cut her off.

Seeing her in tears has always been my weakness. I don’t like seeing her upset. I went up to her and gave her a big hug.

“Don’t stress yourself out, please don’t. You have given me the best life. Stop crying mom, stop over thinking so much.” I said with a smile, trying to make her smile.

She sniffed and wiped away some of her fallen tears. “I’m a mother Destiny, I’m always going to worry about you.” She finished.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. Just as I was about to say something, the sound of our doorbell rang. I open my eyes in surprised and looked at my night stand to see it was already going on 12!

I’m not even ready yet! I still have to do my hair and smash on some makeup.

My mom turned around, going to see who was at the door until I grabbed her arm to stop her.