11: Four Guys/Four Girls

John's POV

Same time/place

"Hey look, I think Ben's asking Jen out!" Korey leans over and whispers to me, Seth, and Lacey excitedly. She points to where the two are talking. Jen looks slightly shocked and says something, then smiles and says another thing.

"Looks like she's saying yes," Seth says with a grin. I smile to myself and look down at Korey, who's watching Ben and Jen with the corners of her lips turned up in a small smile. The pinkish colour in her short, mostly-blonde hair looks awesome. She's really pretty.

I look back at Jen and Ben. "Finally!" I exclaim. Korey looks up at me.

"They've only known each other for a week!" she laughs.

"Two weeks!" I joke defensively. Lacey and Korey laugh, but Seth is back to staring at his phone, smiling to himself at a message on the screen. "Texting Hilary?" I ask him. He looks up suddenly at as if he's unsure of where he is.

"What?" Seth asks, blinking.

"Are you texting Hilary?" I repeat, laughing a little.

"Oh. Yeah," he says with a small smile and looks back down at his phone.

"They're coming back, pretend like we didn't notice!" Lacey whisper-shouts. Seth keeps his eyes on his phone, and Lacey, Kor, and I quickly shift the conversation to schedule changes while Ben and Jen walk into earshot of us. As soon as they get back, the bell rings before we can ask anything.

"Bye Lacey, bye Jen, bye Korey," I say, picking up my backpack and smiling

at them. Seth, Ben, and I all have the same class together: Marine Biology.

"See you later, John," Korey says to me, then waves goodbye at Seth and Ben. Jen also says bye to me and the guys, then the three girls start walking together to their next classes.

While we're walking, I nudge Seth with my elbow to signal for him to put his phone down and I look at Ben. "So?" I ask.

"What?" Ben says.

"You asked Jen out," I say, "Right?"

He smiles "Yeah."

"And?"

"She said yes. But we're not 'dating'," he explains. "'Cause I guess we haven't known each other long enough."

"I thought you took too long waiting to ask her out," I laugh.

"Yeah, whatever," Ben shrugs, smiling. "Besides, you shouldn't be saying anything, you still haven't asked Korey out!" he points out.

Seth looks up from his phone. "I knew Hilary for pretty much my whole life before I asked her out," he says.

"There's no way I'm waiting seventeen years to ask Korey out," I say. Then I laugh, realizing something. "How lame is it that all three of us like three girls who are all friends?"

"I hadn't even thought about that," Ben says. "What about Lacey?" he asks.

"Josh likes her," Seth says, finally putting his phone away in his pocket as we near the Marine Biology classroom.

"Josh Sturm in our next class?" I ask.

"Mhmm."

"So us four guys like four girls."

"Seems like it."

We get to the class, and Ben and I sit in our assigned seats (next to each other and farthest from the door), while Seth sits closest to the door, next to Josh. Then Seth takes his phone out again and goes back to texting Hilary.

(A/N SORRY FOR THE SHORTISH CHAPTER I'VE BEEN BUSY LIKE ALWAYS SORRY

ANYWAY HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD OF SLAM POEMS BC IF YOU HAVEN'T YOU NEED TO LOOK THEM UP ON YOUTUBE

YOUTUBE SEARCH "SOMEWHERE IN AMERICA" AND CLICK THE FIRST ONE YOU'RE WELCOME BYE) (ALSO IT ENDS WITH SETH TEXTING HILARY BC FORESHADOWING KINDA IDK SORRYyyYyyyyy)