Twenty-five

"Dia?"

George showed up in the doorway, looking at me with sympathy written all over his face when he saw me sit against the wall next to the toilet.

This morning, I woke up, feeling more nauseous than ever. I hurried out here the second I felt like I had to throw up.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I just threw up. No, I'm not okay."

George walked over to stand in front of me, holding out his hands.

"Do you need help getting up?"

I shook my head.

"Can you get me my toothbrush?"

He hummed and got it for me, putting some toothpaste on it and wetting it before he handed it to me.

"Maybe we should stay home." He said. "If you're not feeling well."

I shook my head.

"Dia—"

I mumbled through the toothpaste but George obviously couldn't understand what I was saying so I waited until I finished brushing my teeth, then got to my feet.

Once flushing my mouth, I put the toothbrush away and turned towards him.

"We're not cancelling." I said. "It's your brother's birthday and he invited us. We're going."

It was Percy's forty-fifth birthday and our family was going.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "You're throwing up and my mum already aggravates you enough as it is..."

"I am throwing up because I am sixteen weeks pregnant, George."

"Yeah, and you're already moody." He shrugged. "I don't want Percy's birthday to be ruined because you and mum fight."

I tilted my head.

"I am going to treat your mother with respect because I don't want to ruin Percy's birthday either." I said. "Let's hope your mum's plan is the same."

I turned to look at myself in the mirror, running my fingers through my hair.

"I don't know what to wear, though." I said. "I have to hide my bump."

We hadn't told his family about the pregnancy. Not yet.

"Or... show up with a tight dress that shows it off."

I looked at him.

"It's Percy's birthday. I'm not gonna take his moment away to announce this pregnancy."

I ran my hands over my face, massaging my cheeks as I stared at myself.

"What are you doing?" George laughed. "You look ridiculous."

"Thanks."

He chuckled and hugged me from behind, pressing a kiss to my neck.

"I'll go find you something to wear." He told me and slid past me before walking into our room.

I continued to stare at myself in the mirror, sighing.

I had no energy to be seeing Molly today, but I got along with Percy and he wanted his family there, so we were going.

I walked into the bedroom, seeing George go through my clothes in the wardrobe.

"Did you find anything?" I asked. "Most of my dresses are tight."

"Then don't wear a dress."

I raised my eyebrows at him, watching him turn away to open the drawer of the dresser that had trousers in it.