CH.10: UNVEILED

In the next two months, nothing much had changed. I had actually thought that the longer I stayed in Olive Valley, the better things would become. Well, except for Arthur. As predicted, he won the State's Science Fair, headed for the national.

Arthur had already began to blaze in success; he really was a talented and ingenious young man. He shortly became renowned and admired by people near and afar. He sought to further his education and make it big as a robotics engineer.

After the competition, Arthur made his dream come to reality.

He as well contested in several science competitions and won so many trophies and medals.

He became so famous overnight just as soon as he won the State's competition because he set a record no one had ever been capable of setting in decades and it was all over the news and internet.
He also made me proud.
The company improved his i

                       ***
We were at our favourite restaurant eating some fries and barbecued chicken.

"If anyone had told me this would happen, I would have doubted it big time. You don't have any idea about how hyped I am that I got this far and that I made my family so proud. Well, this is just a tip of the ice berg," Arthur stylishly uttered and rather than putting a smile of support on my face, I was bitter.

"At least you have something to be grateful to God for. I wonder if He isn't listening anymore like He used to. I just want to star in a movie and know what it feels like," I joylessly said, doodling with one of the fries I picked up from the plate of food.

"Come on, Steph, don't be that way. God knows how bad you wanna get your career working, He's hearing and listening and He wants to help... He's gonna help. Everything will be alright soon."

"Easy for you to say. I mean, your dreams are already coming true." I said and picked up another fry to doodle on the floor with.

"And now you're wasting our fries," Arthur pouted then paused for a second, "It's all about faith and the right move."

"I've got faith, Arthur."

"I mean, you didn't even go about those auditions the right way. You're just too hasty and impatient."

I questioned innocently, "how?"

"Um... How do I say this in a not-so-offensive manner? Well... Dale took advantage of you because you were too desperate. I mean who goes into auditions in an instant without going through the necessary process? That was what Dale was trying to tell you about but you never listened. I'm sorry to sound this way but I always knew there was a slight chance for you to make it but I didn't wanna discourage you or bring this up when you were so depressed. But I'm so glad you've got that experience and you've seen for yourself how things happen in America. Therefore, you are bound to listen and this would also help you prepare better for more auditions."

He continued, "and I can't end this without asking you to keep trusting in God and let Him guide you. For now, you need to focus on taking acting classes and watching lots of tutorials online regarding auditions and whatever you actors do. Information is key—just make sure you gain every piece of info about your career and you can as well begin from school plays."

"You really need to be composed and remember to always seek for God's opinion and approval first." He paused for a while and looked into my pitiful eyes. "Things weren't easy for me either. I accomplished all I did mostly through God's assistance and hardwork."

Hardwork? But, Dale said...

"Now, we are gonna work on you. While doing your thing in school plays and stuff, let's as well make nice videos of you... Probably acting or re-living movie scenes then we post them online in order for you to gain attention. If you keep doing that and it brings you lots of views then at least that's an headstart for you to really prove yourself. Leave the rest to God."

I loved how he would always mention God in every admonition and even almost in every conversation. Now, we see the foundation of his success.

I had already wrecked my dad's friendship with Dale and Patrick, informing him about Dale's vile intentions to rape me. Dad kept assuring me that things would work out for my good but he actually cared less. Man! He wasn't even active about the issue as I thought he'd be. What a guardian!

                     ***
In the following week, I spent so many hours making appealing videos with Arthur and Emlyn, who had been freed from suspension and was back in school.

Ofttimes, they were hilarious and other times, they were motivational. I also mimicked the lines of some famous actors and I filmed it in a creative way, often making my actions totally exact with that of the actors or then I did it even better.

Emlyn directed my videos and Arthur stood behind the camera. I did great in all of my videos and I was deeply stunned to catch a whole lot of views and shares on social media.

I also had plans to overcome audition rejection by boosting my acting skills through taking acting classes later in the future. We were working so hard to get me into an audition and not face rejection. I focused on improving my skills in the meantime and returning to the local theater to join the theater group.

And, of course, I allowed none of this intrude on my good grades, causing depletion; I was, with the same vigour, focused on my academics.

Emlyn on the other hand was one of the co-presidents of the student body in drama club. He was being elected by the students. He had also been a really good scriptwriter plus a songwriter.

He assured me that everything was going to be okay and as long as I "stick to the plan," my plan, things would work out just fine.

"One day, sunshine, you'll shine bright. People will demand your skills and talents and the entire world will know you. Do you believe it? I believe it."

                    ***
It wasn't long before I and Arthur discovered that he was on the school news paper and the event of his competition was being published on the press board. We were both thrilled!

Just early on a Wednesday morning, the members of the press club engulfed us as we paraded the hallway and demanded interviewing the genius and winner of the State's Science Fair. Abruptly, I felt the urge to use the bathroom.

"Arthur, I have to go use the bathroom," I said and as I turned to leave in a jittery state, he pulled me back. "You can't leave, I'm more nervous than ever."

"But it's urgent!"

"Hold whatever wants to come out of you, Stephanie! You have to be here, you need to be here."

I waited for a minute but then I already felt like I was going to wet myself.
"Sorry buddy, it'll only be for a minute, I promise," I said and raced off to the bathroom.

I got to the bathroom and opened the door to use the first one I could find empty. To my uttermost shock, in the bathroom was Nicole with some hard drugs. Like that wasn't enough, I witnessed the most shameful scene of her self-defilement.