Chapter 1: Drawings

(Castiel’s POV)

“Do this laundry, Castiel.” Uriel demanded. “Shine my shoes, Castiel.” Zachariah threw his shoes in Castiel’s face. Castiel flinched as the shoe hit his face. “Make sure you brush my teeth properly this time, Castiel.” Raphael ordered. “Don’t forget to clean the floor, Castiel.” Metatron warned.

Castiel absolutely hated his step-brothers and step-dad, Metatron. His mother seemed to never be home and his dad died, or disappeared, either way, he’s gone. If only Castiel could stand up for himself. Not that it would help. Four against one is a hard match. Even for angels.

Whenever his step-brothers went out, Castiel liked to fly around the forest. It was always so peaceful. Beside, anything was better than staying at home. Castiel sighed as he landed on the forest floor.

“What’s up, Cassie?” A voice said suddenly, making Castiel jump. “Gabriel, you scared the feathers off of me!”

“You know Gabe, always making a scene.” Balthazar appeared behind Gabriel, who now had a lollipop.

“And for your information, Gabriel, you should know ‘what’s up’.” Castiel put in, ignoring both of them and getting out a sketch pad.

“What are you drawing this time, Cassie?” Gabe asked, his lollipop in his mouth. Castiel shrugged. He didn’t know, yet. He needed something to draw his inspiration from.

“I’m going to go to the village to see if there’s anything I might want to draw there.” Castiel decided out loud. Gabriel and Balthazar vanished. Castiel was too busy to notice, though.

Castiel flew above the trees to the village. When he landed outside the village, he took his cloaking off and walked into the streets of the small town. Castiel didn’t feel like drawing an object. He wanted a human subject. Maybe someone would model for him. But who?

Castiel sat on a bench, watching the people go by. None of them were what Castiel was looking for. Castiel was about to give up and not draw anything when he found it.

A boy, looking about 19, spiked hair and a lot of freckles spread across his face. The thing that drew Castiel in the most, though, was his eyes. The boy had brilliant green eyes that shone in just the right way. Castiel needed to capture that on paper.

Castiel was so lost in the trance of staring at the boy he forgot he was going to have to ask him to model. That is, until the boy turned around fully and his eyes meet Castiel’s. Castiel held his breath, unknowingly.

He let out the air and took in a big breath. He was going to ask. If he could get over his shyness, then he’ll be able to draw the boy. Castiel couldn’t just not draw him after seeing him.

(Dean’s POV)

Dean let out a sigh and laid back in his throne next to his father’s. “Father, why do I  have to get married so soon?”

“Because.” John replied not looking at him.

“Because,” Mary cut in before John could go on. “You need to have a princess at your side.”

“Who said anything about a princess?”  Sam interrupted with a smirk on his face.

“I did.” John glared at Sam.

“I need to go for a walk.” Dean then got up from where he sat and made his way towards the doors of the castle.

On his way out of the castle he was greeted by Bobby. “Hi Bobby.” Dean waved as he passed.