Chapter 1 Moving In

~Hazel's Pov:~

 Moving was always an awful thing. Especially since we're moving to Japan! Were originally from America, but, "we," decided that we were going to move to Japan. Apparently we have grandparents up there from my father's side? I hope they're not as mean as him though. That would be another awful mess like last time...

I packed the last box in the U-Haul. I turned around looking at the two story house one last time. I gave a soft sigh, as I saw my twelve year old brother running out of there, with his last box. I chuckled at him. 'He's still such a kid' I thought to myself. He gave me a dirty look, I think he heard me laugh at him. 

"I know exactly what you're thinking Hazel!" He yelled at me. I can't help but smile at this fluster child. "Stop smiling! It's creepy! You look like a perv," he mumbled the last part. I chuckled again. He then walks closer to the U-Haul and tries to put his stuff in. I can see how bad he is struggling. I sighed.

"Would you like some help?" I asked my little brother Gray. He nodded. I grabbed the box from his hands, and put it in the U-Haul. He smiled after I did so. I put my hand on his darkish blonde hair, then mess it all up. "Stop it!" He yelled at me. I laughed. He kept trying to take my hand off of him, I laughed at his failed attempts.

"Kids!" I heard my mother yell. "Coming!" I yelled back. I started running back inside the house. As soon as I go into "our,'' kitchen, I then see mother. "Yes mom?" I asked her. She smiled once she saw me. "I know you don't want to move," she paused. "It has to be done. I need a fresh start, you need a fresh, Gray needs a fresh start. Hell! We all need one." I nodded. "Why can't we move with your family?" I asked my mother. She sighed. "They don't really like me, while your fathers side of the family does," she paused again. "They're nicer than my side" she said, then left to grab another box. I just simply nodded. I went to help her with her boxes, while Gray waited in the car, playing on his Nintendo switch.

Afterwards, we all packed (me and mother. Gray did nothing.) I turned around one last time, and saw our house. It was a nice house, until my father ruined it. He ruined everything for us. I guess my mother is right. It will be good to get a fresh start. I smiled, then went to the passenger side of the car, and got in. As the U-Haul truck, and my mom drove away, I was watching as our "house," was getting further and further and further away. I smiled, then I fell asleep.

I guess I was tired after all...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Hazel! Hazel wake up!" I hear Gray yelling at me. I chuckled at him again. I looked at his very light green eyes, "I'm awake. Don't worry" I tell him. He smiles and gets out of the car. "We're at the airport now. Let's go!" I chuckled at him again. He has so much energy, I looked at my phone. It's 4: 31 A.M. He has so much energy at this time of morning. I bet he didn't sleep at all. I sighed. I got out of the car, I then felt Gray grab my hand and started running inside the airport.

"I got your camera by the way," Gray randomly tells me. I then see my camera in his hand. "I know you wouldn't want it inside the boxes. Plus, you really love this camera!" He looks back for a second and smiles at me, then looks back in front. "Thank you, Gray," I paused for a second. "That means a lot to me." I grabbed the camera from his hands, and put it back around my neck.

This camera really does mean everything to me. It reminds me of when dad was sober enough to actually buy me it. I smiled after thinking of that thought.