❝time-out pt.1❞

"LATELY, things have just been

"LATELY, things have just been... extra awkward around each other," Miki confessed.

She had gone over to Kath's house around lunchtime, anxious to tell her all about Wooyoung's recent behaviour.

"And you didn't say anything?!" Kath had practically yelled in response to the night of the blackout. "After he grabbed you—in the dark, I may add—like that?"

"Well, what did you want me to say? I was in shock, seriously." Miki brought her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them in a protective position as she recalled that night.

Her best friend was lying beside her on the bed, throwing a plushie up at the ceiling and catching it again. "Maybe you should just keep your distance. Work's probably stressing him out and he's trying to use you as a distraction."

Miki nodded slowly, stomach churning at Kath's words. "Sure, I guess. But it's kinda hard to avoid him when I'm stuck at home all day."

Kath suddenly sat up as an idea came to her head. "Stay over for the weekend! Just borrow my pajamas, and I'm pretty sure I have a spare toothbrush somewhere..."

It didn't take much convincing. After all, they hadn't spent much time together in a while and Miki felt mentally exhausted from being at home.

5:20pm

i'm having a sleepover at kath's, see u monday.

6:00pm

𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗪𝗼𝗼𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴
okay. have a good night.

✿✿✿

WOOYOUNG hadn't checked his phone since he got home around 5. 

He noticed the house seemed... more silent than usual, but automatically assumed that Miki was either taking a nap or occupied in her room. 

He went to his office to mindlessly finish some reports, emerging just before six with a rumbling stomach. Poking his head into the living room, he frowned. Empty.

"Miki, have you had dinner yet?" Wooyoung called from the bottom of the stairs. 

Silence was the reply, so he finally dug into his pocket and fished out his phone.

There it was, a message from 40 minutes ago. 

He pressed his lips into a thin line as he hastily typed a reply, before moving sluggishly to the kitchen. 

"Cooking dinner for one, huh?" he muttered to himself. "Been a while..." 

a/n: double update for reaching 3k reads! it's actually close to 4k now and im close to tears guys-

we're about to reach the main conflict of this season, can you believe it? x 

ˢᵗʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵈᵉʲᵃ ᵛᵘ