four

My eyes fluttered open. The white white walls of the room I was in seemed unrecognizable. Light flooded the room through a window that covered the wall that faced outside. There was a closed door in the right corner of the room and another to my right. The bed I was on had white sheets and a black comforter. My head was pounding and I felt sick to my stomach. I stretched my arms up over my head, trying to wake myself up. I looked down and noticed that I was still in the clothes I had remembered wearing the night before. I looked tiredly at the ceiling and began to think of how I got where I was. The last thing I remembered was Luke pressing me agaist the wall and kissing me. The door by the window opened and in walked a tall, tan, muscular, dark-haired boy in only black skinny jeans. I recognized him.

"CALUM? WHAT THE HELL?" I screamed, partially sitting up on my elbows.

"Woah! Ainsley, calm down. Before you jump to conclusions-" He hurried over to the bed I was on. He tried to sit close to me, but I just scooted further away from him.

"You better tell me what the hell is going on right now before I scream." My eyes were wide with anger while my fingers gripped the sheets.

He rolled his eyes. "I'm getting there, calm down. You were taking drinks back to a room when I found you and asked what you were doing. Then, you passed out right in front of me. I figured your body couldn't handle the alcohol consumption or someone drugged you." He paused. "So I brought you in here. I promise nothing happened. I just wanted to make sure you were safe and I didn't want anyone to take advantage of you passed out on the floor."

"People already take advantage of me, so what does it matter?" I mumbled as I looked down at my clothes.

"What?" He didn't hear me.

"So, you sat here with me all night?" I sat up, suddenly feeling really queasy. He must've noticed, too because he went to reach for me, but stopped.

"Yeah, I did. I hope you're not creeped out. I-"

"I am, actually." I interrupted shortly.

"I never slept in the bed with you. I felt like that'd be weird." He confessed.

"Yeah, it would. But you're sitting on the bed right now." I chuckled awkwardly, putting my hand on my forehead. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Do you have a headache?" He changed the subject.

"No, Calum, I drank alcohol last night, but I'm not hungover or anything." I rolled my eyes sarcastically, then got up to go to the bathroom. I felt wobbly, so I grabbed onto the wall as I walked to the bathroom. He went to stand and come help me, but I held up my hand so he would stop. "I just have to pee." After washing my hands, the feeling of throwing up grew even worse than it was when I woke up.

I threw up for a while, then I finally felt somewhat relieved aside from the pounding headache that wasn't going to go away anytime soon. I sat against the wall and Calum sat against the counter. "So, why did you help me? Our parents would be pissed if they found out." I asked, thinking of our family situation.

"Well, I-I, uh, I don't know." He shrugged. I slowly nodded. It was really nice of him to do something like this, but it shouldn't have been him. I was supposed to spend time with Luke last night. My mom would kill me if she found out I spent my whole night passed out in a room with Calum Hood. And that I was too drunk to remember anything about it.

"Did you want some water?"

I nodded.

"I can get you something to help that headache too." He stood up and walked out, leaving me with my thoughts. Why do our parents hate each other? I didn't see anything particularly wrong with Calum. He wasn't a bad guy. He was genuinely nice. Thinking that our families hate each other, but he still tried to make sure I was safe, that made me feel bad. I didn't want to hate him, but it was just in my blood.