HOW HOT IS HOT?

"But, Jimin. I wanted the blue one." Taehyung pouts.

Jimin smiles but rolls his eyes at the same time because he knows that Taehyung couldn't possibly be talking about the colour of the little umbrella in his cocktail.

"Well, you want it, go get it. It's too hot to go back." He puffs, cheeks red from the exertion of crossing the wide, sandy beach to go back to the bar for drinks in the ridiculous heatwave that is bad enough to keep most of the people from coming to the beach for fear of being fried alive.

Kicking off his sandy sandals, Jimin throws himself on the sun lounger that has been carefully placed under the ginormous parasol. He removes his summer hat, revealing an unattractively sticky layer of blonde hair stuck to his forehead.

Exhausted, he sips at his Long Island Iced Tea and grumbles at Taehyung.

"Why the fuck are we out at this time of day anyway when no one else is insane enough to be out in this heat!?" Jimin whines right when Taehyung perks up.

Suddenly, Taehyung sits up on his sun lounger, gazing into the distance, he removes his sunglasses and pushes them into his sandy curls in a violent gesture and squints.

It's time. Taehyung has been waiting for this. All. Day.

"You're fucking kidding me." Jimin says right when his eyes find what Taehyung is looking at.

A shape of white and red walks down the steps of the lifeguard station.

The white disappears when the t shirt is carelessly discarded and acres of toned, golden muscle with an impressive number of tattoos decorating it, is revealed.

Jimin hears the delighted sigh next to him and rolls his eyes.

"For fuck's sake, if you'd just told me you wanted to come and ogle at the lifeguard, I would have stayed at the hotel where there's air con." He whines, every word falling on deaf ears.

"Waitwaitwait...." Without taking his eyes off the man, Taehyung taps on Jimin's arm in staccato, then tugs at his t-shirt sleeve to make sure he is paying attention.

Jimin turns around just in time to see the red shorts fall on the floor, revealing a tiny pair of matching, bright red speedos that only just cover all the crucial bits, leaving almost nothing to the imagination. The man walks to the crashing waves and jumps in, body all straining muscle.

"Ohmygod....." Tae whines, sounding positively orgasmic, gnawing at his full lip.

He grabs his cocktail (Sex on the Beach -obviously!) just to get something cool into his boiling hot body because this heat has nothing to do with the weather. He steals Jimin's hat and uses it to cool his face, fanning it back and forth repeatedly.

The stunned, almost suffocating silence prompts Taehyung to look at Jimin and when he sees the disapproving, incredulous face, all he can say in response is: "What??" his tone uncharacteristically high.

Jimin just shakes his head without a word because he knows exactly how futile it is to try and talk Taehyung out of anything that he's set his mind on.

"Have you not learnt anything from what happened with Jun-ha?" Jimin teases, trying his best to stay serious.

Taehyung crosses his arms and looks away, pouting again. "That was in the third grade, I don't know why you still need to bring that up. Besides, he kissed me back!!" Taehyung huffs, trying to contain the laugh already bubbling out of him.