Sam and Skye

"We all live inside a bubble."

Skye spoke to Sam after a long pause. They've been quiet for a while but even the silence between them was beautiful.

"Bubble?" - Sam asked taking a sip of water from her bottle.

"Yeah, invisible bubble. No matter how hard we try to blend with the world, there's this bubble around us all the fucking time.

Haven't you felt this or am I just completely insane?"- Skye asked Sam because she didn't get the reaction she was expecting from her.

"I don't think you're insane. Not completely." - Sam added, smiling.

"You know this is what I like about you. You never think am insane."

"I think you have some interesting techniques to cope with this boring life. I mean, life has never been boring since I met you. You always come up with something like, invisible bubbles, the silence not being silent and yeah the 11 11 wishes."- Sam said, laughing.

"That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me."- Skye's eyes twinkled as she smiled.

Sam and Skye are best friends. They've known each other for five years and they are inseparable. Sam is a super organized introvert and Skye threw colors to her boring life. While, Skye is this wonderfully weird soul and Sam gets her like no one else. They are starting to realize they are becoming more than just best friends.

"Tell me, what's the thing that makes your world stuck?'- Sam asked Skye after a long pause.

"Can I use the bubble metaphor?"

"Of course"

"Fear."

"Care to explain?"

"I'm scared of the world. Not the outside world, the world inside me. There's darkness inside my veins. When I close my eyes, I'm scared that it would prevail. And.. and.."- Skye stuttered. Sam held her hand as she continued.

"And sometimes it gets out of control. It somehow manages to spread outside my body and my bubble gets filled with darkness. And all I could see is darkness, I can't explain the feeling." - She was starting to cry. Her voice began to crack.

"But I wish it'd end because I hate that feeling. You know I hate feeling powerless. That's what it does. It makes me powerless, and numb. And I hate it when that happens." Silence fell between them.

"I know it sounds dramatic, but shit gets real."- Skye said with a forced laugh wiping her tears.

"I get it."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I can only imagine how it'd feel like and I'm sorry you're going through this. But I promise, I will be here with you. I'm here for you. Whenever that black dog gets out, call me, text me, talk to me. We will make that shit go away."

Skye's eyes gleamed.

"I know. And you've already saved me from the 'black dog' numerous times. You'd never leave me alone and I think the black dog is scared of you. When that shit makes me powerless, you make me powerful. That's why I irritate you all the time. You make me feel like I could beat anything in this world when am with you."

Sam's eyes filled with happy tears.

"I know you wouldn't believe but I feel the same way." Sam met her eyes and she could see the new tears forming in her eyes.

"Now it's your turn"- Skye broke the silence.

"Tell me, what makes your world stuck?

Sam thought for a while and said, "Fear. But not of the world inside me. My inside world is pretty understanding. But the outside world, I'm terrified."

"Really?"- Skye was surprised because Sam always seemed so strong to approach things. She admired her boldness.

"yes, I mean it can haunt you. I'm scared it might ruin my only world. Our only world."

"Our only world?"

"Yes, ours. I know what we have is special. You are something that makes me want to live in this boring world. I don't even know what we are, friends or more than friends. And I can't imagine my life without you. But the thing is, if I confess, I'm scared the world will ruin this."

"Confess what?"

"That I'm falling in love with you."

"Oh"

'Did I scare you?"

"No, you didn't. I've been thinking about it too."

"It isn't the same for us, is it? They are going to separate us and sent to therapy thinking something is wrong with us."

"You are right Sam, but don't be scared. Even the world is against us, it's you and me together against 'em. I know it gets dark but you're welcome to live inside my bubble."- Skye said smiling with all her dimples out.

"I'd be happy to."

"I love you, Sam."

"I love you too, Skye."

They both laughed wiping their tears. All happy tears.