24. Promise

🎵 If I lay here,
If I just lay here,
Would you lie with me and just forget the world? 🎵

A week before the gala...

"Ladies and gent.... I have an announcement to make." Luna started the conversation over a rainy night at the Zimmer estate by clinking her glass. All of them, including Jake, looked at her and stopped eating.

"I already have a date for next week!" The bubbly woman informed the group. All of them exhaled in relief for they thought something serious had happened.

"Good for you, dear." Ziv replied and rolled his eyes internally but was really happy for his exaggerated friend.

"What is a 'date', Auntie Lulu?" Hannah asked. The cute little girl will be staying overnight at the Zimmers.

Natalia requested from Reverend Joseph if she can invite Hannah over and the priest gave his permission in her delight. She called her friends to introduce them to Hannah and also to enjoy their company.

"Oh. It's an adult thing...but to make it long, it is someone who you meet socially because you have hidden desires for that person." Luna answered the girl, who is sitting beside her, in a candid manner.

"Hi..hidden desires?" The kid repeated the phrase that she couldn't understand.

"Luna. Enough of your words." Natalia scolded her friend and gaped at her.

"What? It's somewhat true, right? Oh. Little girl, desire means uhm...like an attraction because you like that person." Luna stumbled with her words trying it to be kid-friendly.

Hannah nodded in understanding.

"Aha! I get it. It's the same with Handsome Uncle and Pretty Auntie. That's why they will date each other at the gala." The child uttered innocently and happily.

Trish slightly choked from her salad while Jake just smirked at the scene seemingly enjoying it.

"Nice job! What a smart girl!" Ziv clapped his hands trying to keep himself from laughing.

"So, who's the poor guy, Luna?" Trish retorted.

"Jonathan Akio." Luna snorted at the red-haired lady.

"The Brazilian-Japanese business tycoon??" Ziv stood up widening his eyes.

"The one and only." Luna said smiling as she lightly tapped her cheeks keeping it from blushing.

"Girl...how did you.." Ziv was really curious now. He handed his phone to Natalia and Trish to let them see the man who they were talking about.

The two women marveled at the image of Luna's date.

"Well, he wanted to go out with me. Simple as that." Luna chuckled and everyone was just amazed. In all fairness, Luna is a beautiful woman with sense of humor. A lot of it.

"How about you, Ziv?" Luna asked the fashion guru.

"Oh. I don't have time for that. I prefer to eye-candy every man that will grace the red carpet. Including you, Mr. Zimmer." Ziv shamelessly told everyone and winked at the Zimmer hunk.

Natalia was starting to regret inviting her friends over. She should cover the ears of Hannah from now on.

"Uhmm..how about you Princess?" Hannah asked. All her friends turned to the brunette woman.

Before Natalia can answer, Deedee, her personal maid, appeared and announced something.

#######

Earlier at Zion Group of Companies.