21 - Goodbye

Aoba thought he did something wrong, his mind was tricking him; fooling him with fake memories of Noiz yelling at him, of the blonde saying something to a similar degree of get out of this apartment as fast as you can. And that's what he worked towards, saving up enough money for the past few months—almost three—so he could get out of there and let his roommate be happy.

It disheartened him that the teen, no. That the twenty year old he loved wouldn't talk to him, wouldn't look at him; wouldn't even be awake when he was. He felt like he was back with Koujaku, but this time without any sort of interaction. He hated it, he absolutely resented the male he slept with. He had enough of the silent treatment and became determined to talk with him, to see what the hell had happened between them.

Aoba stood in front of the apartment door, the very apartment that had started to feel like a new personal hell. He stared at the doorknob, the knob that would grant him access into what could either turn into heaven once again; or become an absolute shit storm that he wished to escape. He swallowed his worry for the moment and opened the door, feeling all of the breath drain from his lungs as he walked in, looking around the living room to see that nothing had changed from the way he left it.

He wanted to know if his acquaintance even left the room during their time apart; seeing the clothes he had placed all over the floor and couch, the mugs he set on the coffee table; the note he had written the night before was still there. Envelope still sealed. Noiz... He looked up towards the miniature hallway that lead to the root of his problem, holding the man inside like a prison cell.

The twenty-three year old could feel tears welling up in his eyes, he was scared. Scratch that; he was miserable. He wanted everything to be better, he didn't want to walk into their bedroom and feel like his heart was getting ripped out of his chest when he looked at Noiz anymore. He wanted to hold onto him, to tell him that he loved him; to kiss him like before. To play with his hair and do things that couples would normally do together. He needed the old Noiz. The one that had just began to smile, the man who cracked jokes, who smiled and chuckled whenever the shorter male did or said something funny.

He closed his eyes tightly and shook his head violently, clenching his fists so much his knuckles turned white; shaking with every negative emotion possible. He had one good thing and he believed he was the one who fucked it up; the one who was in the wrong. He needed to leave, find a hotel to stay at while applying to a different complex that was looking for tenants, forget that this place even existed. That's what he would do. He nodded in confirmation, as if he needed to talk with a room full of judges to make this decision.

Aoba sniffled and brought a hand up to wipe under his eyes, clearing away any forming tears as he exhaled deeply; eyes glued to the floor. Just a little longer, he thought. Just a minute. He needed a little bit to compose himself, even though he knew the man in the room wouldn't be awake; he didn't want green eyes to see him vulnerable. Once his emotions were slightly under control he headed into the bedroom immediately traversing to the closet, searching for some sort of bag he could use for his clothing and toiletries.

Aha, sneaky bastard. A dark blue and gray backpack was tucked under a transparent sterilite bin. Ok, clothes then bathroom. No, bathroom first, yeah bathroom. The young Seragaki shuffled into the bathroom and grabbed his toothbrush, toothbrush cap and toothpaste, stuffing them into the front small pocket of his makeshift suitcase. He stopped and gawked at himself in the mirror, wondering how he had gotten to this point. Worthless. Ugly. Ignorant. Those words clouded his mind, bouncing off against walls and creating echos they screamed those words once again.

Trying his hardest to push them down he continued to gather his belongings; taking one last glance towards the blonde he shared a bed with for almost a year—how time had flown by. "Goodbye, Noiz." Aoba gripped the doorknob in front of him and opened the door, stepping into a new life; feeling so much worse than when he had entered, starting fresh once again—whiping the slate clean once more.