C H A P T E R 44

"Allegra," I called as we walked to the throne room for the meeting today

"I don't fucking care," she said, walking past me with her mate, Akoni.

Once we got into the room, the three of us waited in the throne room for both Arius and Ana to arrive. I just need a minute of Allegra's time to explain myself. I know that I don't deserve her forgiveness, but I would like for us to have a relationship so I could earn it.

We continued to stand there in silence until the doors opened for us to see the king and queen of the underworld arrive. Ana was wearing a red gown with sheer glitter sleeves. Arius was wearing a plain black suit with the first few buttons undone, his tattoos peeking from underneath.

Arius still looks like he had all those years ago, except there was always a glint of happiness following him. I'm guessing that is the courtesy of Ana and the mark very clearly shown on her neck. I know my betrayal to him when I followed Sin won't easily be forgotten, but hopefully, this starts to make amends.

Ana looked absolutely ethereal and so different from when I last saw her a few months ago. I could already see that the throne suits her well. It's almost laughable that she and Sin had a little thing when I see her with her true mate. The love between them is both beautiful and lethal because I know if someone comes for one, the other will destroy them.

"The plan is simple," she said to us all.

"Adonis will call Sin and tell him about me. Tomorrow evening, the two of us will go back to the lycan kingdom. The rest of you will go to Abia and bring her here to make Sinclair human as I spin a lie that I want to come back to kill you. Sin will obviously come back, since he has a sick obsession with my mate," Ana explained.

We all looked to Arius, who looked conflicted over her plan, but nothing less agreed with her.

"We do as my mate says," he said.

"I know this isn't the best time, but is that a mark on your neck?" Allegra squealed.

Ana got excited and said, "Yes, don't you love it."

"Was he any good?" my sister asked Ana.

Joking, Ana said, "Not really, he was like a 6 out of 10."

Arius put his hand on Ana's chin and moved it so that she was looking at him. He said "I was 6, huh. I remember you screaming my name multiple times last night.

Ana blushed and said, "Ari, baby, I was joking."

"Good" is all Arius said.

"Well, brother, it was finally time for you to settle down. I don't know how much longer I could have to deal with your clingy ass," Akoni said.

Rolling his eyes, Arius said, "Don't worry, my little obsession with my mate will take up all my time."

Arius turned to me, his eyes hardening, and commanded, "Call him now."

I nodded and dialed Sinclair's number, putting the phone on speaker.

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?" Sinclair screamed through the phone.

"Let me explain, brother," I said to him.

"Tell me, did you leave me like our slut sister?"

Allegra winced as I kept a calm demeanor, but my wolf stirred in anger at the words against his twin.

"Of course not. Tomorrow night I'll come back and I'm sure you'll love the gift I'm bringing for you," I replied.

"I fucking better," Sin grumbled.

Ending the call, I looked up at Ana and Arius, who both had identical smirks on their faces.

Wow, they really are perfect for each other.

Ana looked at Arius and his back as they shared a silent conversation between them before Ana addressed us.

"Let the games begin."

Thank you for reading the forty-fourth chapter of Darkened. Thank you for 120k reads on this book. Longer chapters will be back next week. See you guys in the next chapter.

QOD: No question this week

Check out TikTok for added aesthetics and more: https://www.tiktok.com/@xelegiicx

insta: xelegiicx

FOLLOW VOTE COMMENT