17. full ass

☽ MELISSA heard someone open the door and cocked her head to see who it was

MELISSA heard someone open the door and cocked her head to see who it was. She was beginning to get worried, as he seemed grumpy during the entire day, "Scott?"

"Stiles." The boy smiled sheepishly at her while she raised an eyebrow.

"Key!?"

"Yeah, I had one made, so-" She waved him off, too used to his tactics.

She knew there was nothing to worry about, as Stiles was basically family. She was merely surprised by his wits. "That doesn't surprise me. It scares me, but it doesn't surprise me," She ended up saying. Then, she noticed the bag he had, which fell to floor making a loud sound, "What's that?"

"Uh, school project..." He awkwardly replied, too bad at hiding things from literally everybody.

"Mmm." She didn't seemed to completely believe him but decided to ignore whatever was happening. She knew better than to get in the boys' business. Having spent the day worried for her son, she asked Stiles, "Stiles, he's okay, right?"

"Who, Scott? Yeah, totally..." He trailed off, knowing well the truth. The full moon was affecting the werewolf very hard, but of course, he couldn't say anything about it. Especially not to Melissa. Scott preferred it that way, and honestly, so did he. It would be too difficult to say hidden, but also to explain. No adult would believe them, anyway.

"He just doesn't talk to me that much anymore. Not like he used to." Melissa confessed, her expression filled with worry. Stiles could see in her eyes how tired she was, which added more sentiment to her emotions.

"Well, he's had a bit of a rough week..." He wasn't completely lying, but still, he couldn't tell her the entire truth. He, himself, began worrying about the woman before him. Wondering how long would she be able to take from her son, before the lies became too much between them.

"Yeah. Yeah, I get it. Yeah. Um, okay. Uh, be careful tonight." They smiled at each other, sharing their love and worry for the young werewolf. But having the same feeling for each other. He had always looked up to her, and loved her like family.

"You, too." Stiles replied softly.

"Full moon." She joked, but he didn't seem to catch up as he got alarmed quickly.

"What?" He almost yelled in a fright.

"There's a full moon tonight. You should see how the ER gets, brings out all the nutjobs." Melissa rolled her eyes with a playful smile, relaxing him with her words. He letted out a relieved, Oh. She smiled awkwardly, "Yeah."

"Right..."

"You know, it's, um, actually where they came up with the word 'lunatic'." She told him with a slight wiggle of her eyebrows. He smiled before she left, leaving him alone.

Stiles entered Scott's room dragging the bag, yelping when he saw his friend sitting there in the darkness, "Oh, my God! Dude, you scared the hell out of me! Your mom said you weren't home yet."