007

Chapter Seven:
Blanco

Reese  Ta'vian Jackson Jacksonville, Florida

Reese Ta'vian Jackson
Jacksonville, Florida

"Why you so fucking difficult?" Pearl broke the silence as Reese used one hand to drive and the other to rub his chin.

The pair was still in the car, driving through the dark streets as 'Love Sosa' by Chief Keef played softly in the background. Neither of them had talked for the entire ride but they both had hella questions running through their mind. They both had each other fucked up.

"How am I difficult?" Reese asked, his voice was low and husky. The car stopped at a red light and he turned to stare at her.

Pearl stared back at him before rolling her eyes and looking out her window. He would act nice and then switch up but she didn't know why this affected her so much, they'd only just met anyway.

"You so rude for no reason. All I been is nice to yo ass." Pearl said, still looking out the window.

"Whatever shawty. Ion know why you expect me to be actin' like you God on Earth." Reese shrugged, he stopped staring and focused on the traffic lights in front of him.

"I ain't asking you to treat me like dat. All I ask is for respect." Pearl grumbled, "Ion know who died and made you such a bore." She continued but quickly realised what she'd said and she turned to face him.

Reese just grabbed a blunt out the middle compartment in the car and he lit it up before continuing to drive, he didn't even bother to reply. Pearl felt her heart crack as she watched him park outside Mama G's house without even saying anything.

She knew she'd gone too far. His sister had just died, obviously he was dealing with grief and didn't need any extra stress in his life. What she'd said was out of line and she knew that.

"Come on." Reese said as he threw the blunt down and stepped on it before walking to the door and knocking on it. She followed him quietly, clearly feeling guilty.

The door opened and Mama G smiled, which made them both smile back at her since it was respectful.

"Good night, Mama G. Brough ha safe and sound." Reese said quickly before turning around and walking back to his car.

Pearl stared at him as he got in the car before driving away. He was so calm that it scared her, she woulda preferred if he'd gotten mad but he didn't even say anything back.

-XX-

Blanco

Parking outside the grave yard, Reese walked to Renee's tombstone

Parking outside the grave yard, Reese walked to Renee's tombstone. He stood there and kneeled down to place some flowers on it before sighing.

"Damn I miss you." Reese said as he sat down on the floor, he felt tears well up in his eyes as he stared at the tombstone.

These past couple of days had made him realise that he really didn't have her in his life no more. She was really gone and she wasn't going to come back. Shit was difficult, she was his everything, best friend, to mom to sister.

Reese was struggling to cope but somehow, being around people and doing things that made him happy eased the pain. He wanted to make Reneé proud so he was going to do the one thing she'd asked him to do. Which was graduate.

One thing about Reneé was that she'd only wanted the best for her younger brother. Reese had been feeling so angry at the world, lately. He didn't have any patience and he felt like he was about to explode.

After spending a couple minutes, Reese got up and walked to his car to see an old friend of his parked behind him. The black G-wagon was a car that he'd never forget and he'd never wanted to see again.

It was his old mentor, Blanco.

"Yo! Young Murda, I been thinking 'bout you." Blanco shouted, his gold teeth still shining in the night.

Reese walked up to the man and dapped him up before he pulled away. Blanco was a tall man with some thick facial hair all around his sharp features. He had ink decorated all around his face and neck, that was where Reese had gotten the inspiration to get some tattoos on his face.

Blanco had on neat cornrows. He was 6 foot exactly and was quite dangerous looking. Blanco had been the one who had introduced Reese to the Black Gangsters, who were known as the BGs, at the age of 12 and ever since then, he'd mentored Reese to be his main shooter to the point where people called him Murda or Lil Blanc because of how close they were.

People used to think they was father and son.

"You been missing me, old man?" Reese joked, making both of them chuckle which just made him reminisce about old times.

"Damn right, you my blood." Blanco said as he pulled out a blunt and lit it up with a pure gold lighter that had 'BG' carved on it.

"Heard 'bout that angel Reneé and thought I should come pay my respects." He said as he took a drag from his blunt. Blanco stared at Reese and nodded proudly, he genuinely saw this boy as his son.

"You here for ha or me?" Reese asked seriously, with Blanco, there was constant mind games. He was the type of nigga that would kill you over small shit but he'd always be speaking in code.

He was a cryptic man with anger issues.

"I been missing my heir, ya feel me?" He pushed off the car and opened the back door.

Leaning inside, Blanco grabbed a Polaroid picture and handed it to Reese. It was a picture of them when Reese was 13 and Blanco had arrived at his basketball game, he'd paid for his whole kit and everything. Back when his Pops was working several jobs and couldn't be there for him.

"You goin' through sum tough, you need to be with family, ya feel me?" Blanco explained, he truly did see Reese as his family and he understood why the boy had left the street life.

But he wanted his family where he could see them and protect them.

"I got blood that love me." Reese shrugged, he stared at the picture even longer. Feeling the rush of emotions he'd felt that day when Blanco had come to see him when his Pops couldn't and Reneé was doing nails somewhere.

"Blood don't mean family, lil Blanc. I thought I taught you this." He said before he walked back inside the car and drove off, blasting 'Changes' by 2Pac.

Reese watched the car disappear into the night before he walked to his car, opened the door and saw what was on the driver's seat. It was the a metallic red lighter with the initials 'BG' with the word Youngblood underneath.

Blanco wanted him back, and he wanted him back badly.