Fated Encounter

[A/N: This will more then likely earn a sequel or become long running just like ChiLumi's due to how much I love XiaoLumi. But for that to happen this too needs to receive almost if not the same amount of love from you guys. Xiao meets Lumine by sheer chance or by some twist of a red thread of fate?]

............................................

It had been a cool, crisp evening as the light of the slowly rising moon cast its eerie ethereal glow onto the lands of Tevyet. Casting a shimmering reflection on the marsh like a brilliant shining mirror as fireflies and crystalflies danced. The faint rustle of reeds and the hushed whisper of the breeze as new lush leaves and plum blossoms swayed in gentle rhythm with cricket and frog song. While not far away a distinct glow could be seen from a figure racing through like a blinding blur. 

Swift, quick and precise movements as the pained and furious cries of monsters with an ominous black aura fell at the feet of the slender figure of a young man. The vague bird-like tattoo on his arm giving off a distinct glow just like the goblin mask covering his face. He gave his polearm a quick flick to rid it of the excess blood of his fallen foes. He had been hunting here along the ancient roads that lead to the mountain range said to be the home of the adepti of Liyue. Slowly he reached up and took off his mask to reveal a fair skinned boy that appeared seemingly to be around his late teens to early twenties. A distinct purple diamond graced the middle of his forehead while eyes of brilliant golden hue like a fine topaz gleamed in the moonlight. Fierce cat-like pupils briefly reflected the moonlight revealing this boy was not human.

"C'mon Lumine! We're almost there!"came an annoyingly high pitched cry further up the path. 

"I'm hurrying! I'm hurrying! Geez, Paimon you act like the next one we're going to go see is going to up and vanish!"came a voice, smooth as silk of a woman's voice.

Their voices alerted the boy and just as fast he made himself scarce to hide in the shadows. It was a very simple action, yes, but one he was used to doing. Still he could not help but wonder as he peered through the leafy branches below. "What are mortals doing here? This is the abode of the adepti."he thought as the sight of two young girls came into sight finally.  Slowly, carefully he was not sure why but he wanted a better look as he climbed just a bit lower onto some firmer branches. 

The girl stood at about around his height with short, neck length hair of soft golden kissed blonde. Her side bangs coming to fall to her shoulders and what looked like a hairpin with two very unfamiliar flowers with five white petals tinged with blue. Her scarf, dress, and boots were also very bizarre to him with them being white with trims of gold and blue. Her hands also had very, very distinct gauntlet guards of maybe brass or gold. Her skin was fair but nicks and cuts covered it from a most recent confrontation as mud from the recent rain caked her body in various places. The sword in her hand made him tense up briefly as he raised his guard further. This was no wandering human civilian. Was she one of the soldiers from those Millith or maybe one of those adventurers that always got too cocky for their own good? He was not sure. It mattered not he had work to do. Quietly as he could he teleported away in a wisp of green and black mist.

Lumine sighed as she allowed her sword to vanish with a flick of her wrist after sheathing it. She couldn't shake this feeling that she was being watched. But maybe it was because the recent events had her on edge? Especially that confrontation of the Millith. She had not expected that and it had resulted in some minor injuries. But one by one she had found Moon Carver, Cloud Retainer, and Mountain Shaper and had them hear her tale and plea as she brought the news about Rex Lapis. Cloud Retainer, she seemed to had taken it the hardest and not in a good way. The other two had been more...subdued. 

Hearing a sudden rustle in the trees caught her attention though as she looked around. A faint, dark mist appeared in the sky as something came out jumping through the rocky landscape. The lone figure of a boy of around her height framed in the moonlight. The distinct teal glow casting a soft light while the moon kept much of his body in shadow. "Woah..." she heard Paimon gasp in surprise before just as quickly the stranger vanished into the darkness of night.

Lumine had no words for what she witnessed but there was something she was not sure what that had peaked her interest. This was the home of the famed beings known as the adepti after all. So was that boy maybe an adeptus? She did not know but he was long gone now anyways. She had to reach Wanshu Inn to meet the next adeptus that Moon Carver had advised her to seek out. 

The Vigiliant Yaksha.

Just what would the one known as the conquer of demons be like, she wondered. What would they look like? The three adepti Lumine had just met all looked like animals easily found in Liyue such as deer and the cranes. Rex Lapis though no longer of this world often took the shape of that dragon it was said. So what about the Yaksha? 

It was very early morning by the time the massive inn built into the ancient tree came into sight

It was very early morning by the time the massive inn built into the ancient tree came into sight. A sense of relief followed by exhaustion edged the girls forward over the bridge and up the stairs to the elevator lift. Oh how she earned for a nice warm bubble bath to wash away the muck and grime chase away the aches of combat. "Damn it Childe, your underlings don't play."she thought in annoyance. Lumine by mistake had in her typical fashion some how stumbled right into a Fatui campsite and then afterwards that's when her luck turned a bit. She had as a result jumped right into a couple of annoying hillicurls...oops. The evidence showed from the growing nasty bruises she had here and there by the time she had reached Wanshu Inn. Lumine was exhausted and it showed as she walked over to the reception desk and some how by some miracle was permitted a room to stay.

"Oh, Traveler, before you go are you wishing to wash up?"Verr Goldet swiftly asked upon handing Lumine her suite's key. 

"Um, yes actually. Is there somewhere I can take a bath?"Lumine confirmed eagerly.

"There's a bath house just on the main level. Look for a couple of lion guardian statues outside it, you can't miss it."informed the inn's keeper. 

"Yay! Paimon can't wait for a nice warm bath."cheered Paimon as she flew away in a hurry.

"Paimon, wait for me!"laughed Lumine as she hurried after her friend down to the main floor. Unawares that from the safety of the inn's roof eyes of gold as sharp as a hawk's was watching her. Curiosity as to why somebody like her had been in the territories of those he called comrades and fellow adepti. Little did he know of that red thread of fate that would bring them together, and much sooner then either would imagine.

To Be Continued...