Chapter Three

Violet completed her cleaning and left the penthouse. The whole day, she only thought about Lucas. She couldn't figure out why he was being so nice to a poor employee like herself. She couldn't understand how to react to his behavior. Her body's response to him confused her.

She had never been in such a dilemma before, whether to fear Lucas or respond to him. Maybe he was just showing his appreciation towards her. But why? Employees didn't at all care who cleaned their homes in their absence. Then why did Lucas care so much?

Even Sarah and Dominic noticed her restlessness and her lack of concentration in her work. She was their most dedicated staff, and such an occurrence was most uncommon. Her mind was elsewhere as she kept on cleaning the same place for minutes.

"Violet, you can go home and rest. You already have finished your work," said Sarah when her time was up and yet she wasn't aware of it.

"Yes ma'am, " said Violet going to the housekeeping room to keep her stuff and change for going home. She looked at the clock and gasped. She was already twenty minutes late and had missed her shuttle bus! Now how would she go home? Mary Jane had left an hour ago.

She didn't have much money to take the metro bus or train. If she walked she would reach the late at night and then what about her cafe duty? She quickly changed and hurried outside the hotel and collided again with Lucas Parker as he was entering Parker Suites.

His arm supported her to stop her from falling over. "I'm sorry sir, I didn't see you, " she said and Lucas quirked his eyebrows at her. Was the girl for real? She didn't see him! He, the most gorgeous male on the planet?

"Done for the day?" he asked, looking down at her as she gained her balance and nervously backed away.

"Yes," she said not looking up at him.

"So how do you go home?" He asked her, still staring at her. He loved the tight pair of jeans that hugged her hips and legs. The soft white short shirt too clung to her, exposing her curvy figure to his eyes.

"I take the shuttle," she said, looking at the place opposite the road where the shuttle usually waited. But as luck would have it, the bus had left twenty minutes back.

"But it's gone. Now?" he asked in concern.

"I'll walk," she said with a small smile and turned to go. Walk? Seriously? Lucas was shocked to see that she seriously was thinking of walking down home.

"Violet, I will drop you, home. Come," he said, holding her arm and leading her towards his car.

"No no, sir. Please don't bother. I'm used to walking," she tried to convince him. It was her problem and he was her employer and that too such a busy man. She really couldn't imagine in her wildest dreams that she would take advantage of his generosity.

"I insist," he said in earnest but she vigorously shook her head and tried to break free from his hold. "You leave me no choice," he said, suddenly picking her up bridal style and carrying her to his car.

"Sir, please put me down. Everyone's watching, " she reminded him in panic. Her eyes went to the hotel windows, scanning the entire building in a quick glance. What would everyone say when she met them tomorrow? She blushed furiously as he turned a deaf ear to her and placed her on his passenger seat. Violet loved the expensive plush insides of his beautiful sleek dark grey Jaguar XF. It smelled like him too, minty and wood combined with a masculine scent of his. She never sat inside such a luxury car in her entire nineteen years of life.

He went around and got into the driver's seat. He turned and leaned towards her. His face came closer to her, inches away from hers as he stared at her wide hazel eyes watching him with confusion. His arm went around her as he pulled her seat belt and fixed it. He couldn't look away, feeling hypnotized by those innocent doe-shaped eyes.

He looked down at her kissable, moist, baby-pink lips. He felt this dangerous pull towards her but he had to take it slow. He had a notorious reputation and she was very innocent and vulnerable. "Tell me your address," he asked her, still looking at her lips. There was no harm in looking. They seemed to pull him towards their plump fullness, inviting him to taste their sweetness.

Violet turned red as a tomato at his closeness. She could feel his hot gaze upon her lips and she felt too embarrassed to utter a word. "Sir, I-I don't think this is a good idea," she said. Her heart was hammering in her chest and she didn't know what she would do if he kissed her. In fact, she secretly wanted him to kiss her. She'd never been kissed by any man before and from what Greta said, it was a magical thing to be thoroughly kissed.

Lucas sighed and sat straight, driving away towards south LA. "Oh, it's the best idea. Now tell me your address," he prodded.

She gave him her address and he fed it into his navigation system. "I'm going to South LA after years. I hardly have work that side with all our hotels around Beverly Hills, Marina Beach, and Long Beach," he informed her and she smiled.

"I know. I have to search for something closer home, " she said. She didn't want to bother Mary Jane every morning but she had no choice actually. Although Mary Jane never complained or showed any disapproval, Violet felt guilty for taking advantage of her kind soul.

Lucas glanced at her with a thoughtful expression on his face for a brief second before returning his attention back to the road. He talked about his last visit to south LA with a childhood friend of his whose parents lived there. "I helped him shift them to New York," he finished with a happy smile on his face.

She stared at him, loving the genuine smile that lit up his face. He wasn't what everyone portrayed him to be. He was much more. His heart was genuinely good. He had a kind nature which he exhibited only to a selected few. And she was lucky to be one of those selective few. Although he was a billionaire, his down-to-earth, humble nature made her feel attracted to him.

"Like what you see?" he asked, feeling acutely aware of her gaze upon him. He winced at his cliche pickup line, but what the hell! It was so appropriate.

She looked away immediately, as if scorched, blushing furiously at being caught checking him out. "I-I wasn't looking, " she stammered.

He grinned. "Sure, I'm transparent maybe," he said, winking at her. She blushed more and looked out of the window.

"The left turn ahead and we'll reach," she guided him.

He turned towards her street as everyone stared at the luxurious car that entered the neighborhood. He stopped in front of her building. "Thank you, sir," she said, getting down.

"I'm coming up for coffee," he stated, locking his car and following her up the stairs.